Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

College Tuition and Student Loans

by kestrellyn Posted 24th Jun 2018 at 11:48 PM - Updated 6th Jan 2024 at 6:05 AM by kestrellyn

188 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 162 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 8
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 1:02 AM
I like this! It's going to be quite the thing for my uni students-making them actually pay for that degree, instead of having their parents pay for it. Thank you!
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 1:12 AM
Well here I go again adding another download, in all the years I been playing the Sims 2 since ( 2006 ) I have "never' play UNI maybe because I hated school lol.
But with this mod I think I will jump in and go back to school, well that is my Sims, This sound GREAT, this will be a brand new adventure for me that I have long avoided.
Thanks for sharing.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 3:47 AM
Does this play well with Squinge's Mega College Pack? I know he and Ancient Highway collaborated so that it supported Ancient Highway's College Mods, including the College Isn't Free series, so theoretically (maybe? I hope?) it will! I really love the sound of your mod, but I currently have three YAs using Squinge's, and I don't want to mess anything up.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:37 AM
None of those packages override the same resources as this mod, so it should work just fine. I tried to make this as unintrusive as possible.
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 11:37 AM
This is great! I've been doing something pretty similar semi-manually using Monique's computer's banking functions, but I love how flexible this is. I don't impose tuitions/loans on all my neighborhoods, but for the ones where I do, I'll be switching out methods for new pixels heading off to uni. Thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 1:46 PM
I personally don't play with tuitions and student loans as I believe in free education, but if I ever feel the need to have a private university for the rich, this will be handy. Either way, great work!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 6:45 PM
Where have you been all my life?? I've been wanting this for years!!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 8:51 PM
very cool
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 9:34 PM
What a great idea!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 10:25 PM
Thank you!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 3:04 AM
This is awesome! I currently won't be using it in my zombie apocalypse hood, but I just wanted to thank you because the idea of college students graduating with piles of cash, is just wrong. Everyone that graduates is flat broke, unless they are trust fund babies.
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 3:56 AM
@kestrellyn Question please how do this work with a teen student that have earn a "Scholarship" because of good grades?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 4:28 AM
The scholarships work the same way as in the unmodded game - they appear in the student's family funds when you send them to university. You can add them to the college fund manually if you would like, or you can use them for other purposes. YAs can continue adding money to their college fund until they age up into adults.
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#15 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
The scholarships work the same way as in the unmodded game - they appear in the student's family funds when you send them to university. You can add them to the college fund manually if you would like, or you can use them for other purposes. YAs can continue adding money to their college fund until they age up into adults.

Thank you for your reply I really love the whole idea of this mod, thanks again for your time spend and work.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 4:52 AM
I'm eager to try this out! Thank you for making this :D
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#17 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 5:35 AM
How does this mod works with Cyjon's Semester Changes mod? I'm using that mod to shorten the semesters for my college students. I also have Cyjon's Bigger Bills mod to make the bills reasonably expensive as much as possible.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 8:37 AM
Really looking forward to trying this. My current sub-folder looks like this:

ah_HarderGrades_TermRequired
MTS_kestrellyn_collegetuition+termrequired

That ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ should work, shouldn't it?
Field Researcher
#19 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
How does this mod works with Cyjon's Semester Changes mod? I'm using that mod to shorten the semesters for my college students. I also have Cyjon's Bigger Bills mod to make the bills reasonably expensive as much as possible.

I have this too and I don’t think they are compatible. My Sim ended college owing $2,000. Something is not right. I initialized the loan as $20,000. What am I doing wrong?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik

Bigger bills should be fine (although you will get the bigger bills in addition to the debt given by my mod). Semester Changes does conflict. How does it work in-game - do you only get the final + grant + end of semester notification once per year, rather than once per semester? I could make a version of this mod that is compatible with it, but it is not compatible with AncientHighway's mod anyway, so I don't think I will try to accommodate both of them.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by croiduire
Really looking forward to trying this. My current sub-folder looks like this:

ah_HarderGrades_TermRequired
MTS_kestrellyn_collegetuition+termrequired

That ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ should work, shouldn't it?

As long as they are in the same subfolder together, yes.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#22 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 12:41 AM
I haven't played yet to give an answer how it works with both mods installed. When I do, I will get back to you and let you know.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 12:49 AM
Depending on load order, it may not work at all with my mod installed, I mainly want to know how Semester Changes works without my mod. I guess I'll do some experiments on my end.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 3:07 AM
@Chaavik, @koololdster, I have made a version that works with Semester Changes. Make sure it loads last. It will bill for two semesters of tuition at the end of every year (or if you drop out).
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#25 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 11:02 AM
Ok, I downloaded the latest version to work with Semester Changes and checked the load order for your mod to load after Cyjon's. I fired up my game to play my college Sims. I noticed that the Professor Von volleyball was missing from the mantel where I put it during my renovation of one dorm. I looked in Misc/Misc for the object. It did not show up anywhere in Buy Mode. The object itself is missing.

Thank you in advance for making a version to work with Cyjon's Semester Changes mod.
Page 1 of 8