Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 8:24 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Save Game Folder
I have a Save Game folder but nothing in it. Where should it be and does it have sub folders ???
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 8:42 PM
Where is this folder located? I have nothing like that in either Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 or in the install files in Program Files. TS3 has a folder called "Saves" in Documents, which is the equivalent of TS2's "Neighborhoods" folder in Documents, where it stores all your current worlds or neighborhoods. Dunno what TS4 might have, since I don't own it. So...Are you sure you're looking at files for TS2?

Well, whatever the case, if it's empty, then it's useless. If it's somehow necessary to the game, it'll regenerate when next you load the game.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 10:12 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Jun 2018 at 11:59 PM.
There may be two folders if you have Win7 and above, and one of them is empty. This is normal. You can see the difference in their file path.

The proper folder with your saved game and all the files is this one:
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2

The empty folder is this one:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2
(the game doesn't really recognize it, so don't put anything there).

(file paths may vary somewhat between Windows versions. The ones above are with Win7).
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 10:24 PM
Your saved games are your neighbourhoods - in the Neighbourhoods folder.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#5 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 10:55 PM
in XP; saved game folders would be in My Documents.
My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 4:40 AM
Saved games or 'Saved Sims'? There is a Saved Sims folder, but unless you make Bodyshop CC it will be empty.