Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Advice Social Interactions (UPDATED: 3 June 2019)

by gamefreak130 Posted 18th Jul 2018 at 2:40 PM - Updated 4th Jun 2019 at 3:15 AM by gamefreak130 : Mod Updated; See Changelog

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 3:57 PM
Great to see mods are still being made for Sims 3
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 4:51 PM
Really cool, thank you so much!

That sim looks like she would be the unsolicited advice-giving type...
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 5:07 PM
Love this. It's just a tiny little thing but it makes the game a bit more in-depth.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 7:03 PM
Love that you're adding more gameplay content back into the Sims 3- hope that there's more that you can find!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 7:06 PM
Oh my god finally a script mod for sims 3!
Its been like a year think!
Honestly thank you so much for your effort, and such a wonderful idea!!!!!!
I love it!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 8:32 PM
Wow, what an interesting and well thought out mod! The advice you showed made me laugh, but I'm guessing not all of it would fall into the humorous category.

I noticed that the bad buffs seriously outlast the good buffs. I would normally object to that, but since it's really so much easier to get good buffs in the game than bad buffs, this actually makes things a bit more interesting.

It would be even funnier if a Sim could give out unsolicited advice, like HallyM above mentions. That might get too complex without getting into the core, though, so I wouldn't expect that in the mod. What you've got is great, and I will definitely be trying it!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:49 PM
Haha, what a clever mod! Thank you
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 11:56 PM
How fun! Thanks for this amazing idea, it'll add more laughter to our games.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sirrena
Oh my god finally a script mod for sims 3!
Its been like a year think!
Honestly thank you so much for your effort, and such a wonderful idea!!!!!!
I love it!

Two months, depending on what you consider a script mod

Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
I noticed that the bad buffs seriously outlast the good buffs. I would normally object to that, but since it's really so much easier to get good buffs in the game than bad buffs, this actually makes things a bit more interesting.

It would be even funnier if a Sim could give out unsolicited advice, like HallyM above mentions. That might get too complex without getting into the core, though, so I wouldn't expect that in the mod. What you've got is great, and I will definitely be trying it!

Actually, the "Give Advice" interaction can be made autonomous by setting "udo" to false and "auto" to true in the AdviceInteractions_SocialData XML resource, but, like the "Ask for Advice" interaction, I haven't advertised it through an ITUN or anything, so I don't know if sims will even use it at all. The only reason I didn't set it to be autonomous is to prevent active sims from getting bad career advice and a 20-point decrease in career performance. A lot of the advice effects are quite potent, and it could get annoying if it's out of your control.

That said, I'm not sure what you mean about the bad buffs outlasting the good buffs. All the moodlets and effects last 24 hours. I tried to balance everything such that the advice can occasionally be a useful tool, but impractical to spam nonstop.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
The only reason I didn't set it to be autonomous is to prevent active sims from getting bad career advice and a 20-point decrease in career performance.

That would be pretty hilarious if a mean-spirited sim just went around ruining everyone's day...
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 10:49 AM
Thank you for creating this! Such a great idea
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 10:49 AM
OMG I love this mod!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 8:16 PM
It's great to see that people are still making mods for The Sims 3! Thank you for making and sharing this mod! :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 6:41 AM
Great idea, thanks for making this!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#16 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 10:31 AM
I really want to know how you do this "these sims will also be more accepting of all socials, and their socials will be accepted more often."
I've been trying to do this for a while in my own mod. I wanted to be able to force social interaction to always accept while hypnotized by the Vampire. I'm looking at oyur code now. But if you can help me out a bit and have the time that would be great
Your mod is awesome BTW.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
I really want to know how you do this "these sims will also be more accepting of all socials, and their socials will be accepted more often."
I've been trying to do this for a while in my own mod. I wanted to be able to force social interaction to always accept while hypnotized by the Vampire. I'm looking at oyur code now. But if you can help me out a bit and have the time that would be great
Your mod is awesome BTW.

When I say "sims will be more/less accepting of socials," what I mean is that the relationship threshold for rejecting a social interaction is lowered/raised. For example, where a certain interaction might be rejected if the LTR between the two sims is -5, a sim with the "Supportive Advice" moodlet will have this social be accepted down to -20 or so LTR.

This effect is not custom and is not coded into my script; rather, it is an EA effect applied to the moodlets themselves through the IncreasedEffectiveness element in the "Gamefreak130_AdviceBuffs" XML resource.

As for forcing ALL social interactions to ALWAYS accept under certain conditions, that seems significantly more difficult. The only thing I can think of is adding some sort of LHS data to the SocialData with a ProcTest to see if the actor or target is hypnotized, but that would require overriding every social interaction's SocialData individually, and I'm not even sure that would work. I tried doing something similar in this mod for conditional acceptance, but I couldn't get it working and scrapped it.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Scholar
#18 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
When I say "sims will be more/less accepting of socials," what I mean is that the relationship threshold for rejecting a social interaction is lowered/raised. For example, where a certain interaction might be rejected if the LTR between the two sims is -5, a sim with the "Supportive Advice" moodlet will have this social be accepted down to -20 or so LTR.

This effect is not custom and is not coded into my script; rather, it is an EA effect applied to the moodlets themselves through the IncreasedEffectiveness element in the "Gamefreak130_AdviceBuffs" XML resource.

As for forcing ALL social interactions to ALWAYS accept under certain conditions, that seems significantly more difficult. The only thing I can think of is adding some sort of LHS data to the SocialData with a ProcTest to see if the actor or target is hypnotized, but that would require overriding every social interaction's SocialData individually, and I'm not even sure that would work. I tried doing something similar in this mod for conditional acceptance, but I couldn't get it working and scrapped it.

Ok I understand now
I also had similar conclusion when I tried it. In the end I had to scrape it too
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 11:25 AM
Love this mod so thank you so much for making it. Have used it in my game and all works well :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 7:09 PM
You know what they say, "Say 'Please and Thank you.' "
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 4:32 PM
Ä° want my sims make this interaction autonomously.but couldnt succeed.please help
Space Pony
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 3:34 AM
NEW UPDATE: JANUARY 7, 2019

Changelog:
  • Fixed a bug concerning profession performance decrease from bad career advice
  • Refactored code a bit while I was at it

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 1:34 AM
Wonderful mod! Thrilled to see a truly talented mod maker producing sims 3 content, responding to questions, and updating it. I can't thank you enough for this mod. This is such a natural fit for the game that it feels like it has always been there. I was wondering if you could tell me more about making this autonomous and what made you think about making this awesome mod in the first place.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 1:42 PM
Thank you for the update, i love this mod and it is even better with the new version. Woks great in game so thanks again
Space Pony
Original Poster
#25 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mrdione
Wonderful mod! Thrilled to see a truly talented mod maker producing sims 3 content, responding to questions, and updating it. I can't thank you enough for this mod. This is such a natural fit for the game that it feels like it has always been there. I was wondering if you could tell me more about making this autonomous and what made you think about making this awesome mod in the first place.

Sorry for not getting back to you for so long! To be honest, the idea wasn't entirely mine. There are some strings and icons related to advice giving that can be found in the base game's FullBuild packages -- they were presumably cut before release. I just cleaned it all up and made it presentable.

To make the "Give Advice" interaction autonomous, open up the mod in S3PE, edit the "AdviceInteractions_SocialData" XML resource, and look for the following line:

Code:
<Available auto="False" udo="True" /> <!-- Autonomous and UserDirectedOnly -->

Change this to:

Code:
<Available auto="True" udo="False" /> <!-- Autonomous and UserDirectedOnly -->

And you should be good to go!

Page 1 of 2