Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Balanced Death Moodlets

by flerb Posted 21st Jul 2018 at 3:40 AM - Updated 18th Apr 2019 at 2:03 AM by flerb

84 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 3:53 AM
Love this Mod flerb, keep up the good work!
Deceased
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 6:45 AM
Looks good and balanced. Me likey.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 9:10 AM
I'm pretty sure you already know this, but this is a godsend. I've been so tired of having death notifications for sims my family didn't even know save for the one time they butted into a conversation make them depressed for days... Seriously, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 2:17 PM
This is freaking awesome. TY!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 3:40 PM
Now this is exactly what I need !!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 6:03 PM
Thank you, this is just what I was looking for!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 6:37 PM
This seems like a vast improvement. I had no idea Sims got more upset about their pets than other Sims.
May I just ask what a "nibling" and "pibling" are or refer to?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 7:54 PM
Thank you, thank you. Sick of mourning so long.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44

I know a nibling is the neuter for niece or nephew. A pibling, according to google, is a "parent's sibling" (aunt or uncle)... although that term is far less popular.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 10:23 PM
I love this idea! Are you willing to accept translation contributions?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
This seems like a vast improvement. I had no idea Sims got more upset about their pets than other Sims.

I had NEVER heard the words before either... but it's there in the game, basically the shortened form of "nieces and nephews" and "aunts and uncles".
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by littledica
I love this idea! Are you willing to accept translation contributions?

sure! I keep forgetting about translations. But not quite just yet, as it turns out this mod is half complete, there's other death moodlets from when sims have witnessed a death in person. (I thought they would be the same ones). I don't know why EA did this, there was like over a dozen copies of the same buff with different names. I can only assume it was left unfinished when released.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 11:13 PM
ahh this is exactly what I've wanted! I've just been manually removing the moodlets myself but this is so much better!
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 12:36 AM
Hello, I really like the looks of this mod. But I'm wondering which lifespan this is meant for? 5 days seems long because I'm playing normal lifespan.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by flerb
sure! I keep forgetting about translations. But not quite just yet, as it turns out this mod is half complete, there's other death moodlets from when sims have witnessed a death in person. (I thought they would be the same ones). I don't know why EA did this, there was like over a dozen copies of the same buff with different names. I can only assume it was left unfinished when released.

Gotcha!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by littledica
Gotcha!

It's updated, so translate away if you like
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 10:49 AM
Thank you! I´m so sick of my sims constantly being sad. Yes my dog died I`m sad my mum dies I`m sad. But someone I might have met once said hello too? Why even notify me I don`t care damn.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 3:35 PM
See, this is a legitimate improvement. What they did was a band-aid for something they clearly understand is bad but either didn't know how or care enough to fix properly.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 5:01 AM
Thanks a lot for this mod!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#21 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 7:47 PM
Oh my goodness, this was definitely needed! I have been getting tired of seeing these death notifications and having my Sims be sad from someone they had spoken to only once.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 11:50 PM
Hi! Thank you so much for this, my sim married a guy in two clubs and since they drank some Youth Potion, all his friends have been dying off... Combined with roburky's Emotional Enertia, it really was becoming perpetual mourning. However, recently while playing my sims witnessed an acquaintance perish, and while the mod correctly identified her as an acquaintance for the one who is in a club with her, his wife who was in the same room received the "death of a loved one" moodlet instead. She was writing a song on the guitar at the time, if it makes a difference. Both of them had only met the dead sim briefly once.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by arrowsforpens
Hi! Thank you so much for this, my sim married a guy in two clubs and since they drank some Youth Potion, all his friends have been dying off... Combined with roburky's Emotional Enertia, it really was becoming perpetual mourning. However, recently while playing my sims witnessed an acquaintance perish, and while the mod correctly identified her as an acquaintance for the one who is in a club with her, his wife who was in the same room received the "death of a loved one" moodlet instead. She was writing a song on the guitar at the time, if it makes a difference. Both of them had only met the dead sim briefly once.

do you know if she was a cousin or related in any way? During my testing some random sim died and I thought my sim should've gotten the acquaintance moodlet too. It turns out it was her aunt i'd never seen before who had died lol.
It'll be hard to diagnose without more specific details... I'll keep a look out if a similar situation arises in my game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 11:22 AM
This is a MUST for vampires! They meet and sip from so many sims over their lifetimes, of course they don't care if Tom Simth they fed from ONCE dies.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 5:22 PM
I have seen this mod while flipping through MTS but did not know it was so important to have in my game until I read it on the new mods section in Sims VIP. I just had a sim witness a death in the restaurant where she and a friend were eating and kept getting the sad moodlet for hours?? Wow, get over it already...total stranger.
What a fantastic idea, thank you so much!
Page 1 of 4