Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

AshenSeaced - Sliding Door Recolored

by AshenSeaced Posted 26th Jul 2018 at 1:49 PM - Updated 6th Aug 2018 at 2:28 AM by AshenSeaced : Update for 1.45.62

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 5:56 PM
Thanks for updating this sliding door. I was waiting for brujah to update but I guess they aren't going to, so thanks so much for this door.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 11:47 PM
OMG, thank you sooooo much! I've been waiting on this to be updated FOREVER lol! You are my hero!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 11:50 PM
Thank you for giving me the one building item I missed most from Sims 2. Now I can have real patio doors again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 12:24 AM
Soooo glad you made these! Thanks so much.. . Any chance you will recolor the garage door by brujah also (if it's needed) ? :0) I assumed all brujah functional sliding doors and garage were broken...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by holste7
Soooo glad you made these! Thanks so much.. . Any chance you will recolor the garage door by brujah also (if it's needed) ? :0) I assumed all brujah functional sliding doors and garage were broken...

I'm currently working with the wide one but still got stuck with work, if I can only have so much time to create mods but yeah I'm also working with the closure garage. Sorry for the slow update of my profile
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bshag4lv
Thanks for updating this sliding door. I was waiting for brujah to update but I guess they aren't going to, so thanks so much for this door.

Brujah still on hiatus I tried to reach him to ask for his permission to override his works but I still got no reply since then, so all I can do is recolor his work and have some tunings. I guest he is not active with his email also so no chance to reach him. I'm planning to create my own Mesh and Animation but got stuck with work.

AshenSS
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 2:16 AM
Thank you so much after July update which crash Brujah sliding doors. I was looking for sliding doors to download.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 2:51 AM
Does this mean other doors based on the (now not working) original Brujah script will work now? With you mod?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by szanne7000
Does this mean other doors based on the (now not working) original Brujah script will work now? With you mod?

Brujah's doors itself will still not work. In the recolor package I add some tunings to make the recolored one works smoothly we are just after the mesh and animation that are included in his package, but it doesn't mean my recolor will override brujah's doors as I don't have the rights to take them over. As I said in the other reply above I'm still reaching brujah asking him for permission to take over his work so all I can do is release a recolor one but not his entire work, I don't know when he will be back from hiatus either. I will ask some creators who recolored his work to assist them so most of the simmers will love and use their recolors again, as of today who loves the colors of brujah's door will still on hold unless he gives his permission. I'm sorry.

AshenSS
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 6:57 AM
Thank you for this. This was the mod I really missed after the Seasons patch.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 8:41 AM
Thank you so much for responding so quickly, AshenSeaced Mathcope and Mincsims (as you probably already know) both did sliding doors based on Brujah's script. Right off the top of my head, I cannot think of anyone else who did this, although I may have missed a few sliders out there, lol.

I'm very happy you did this as I, too, missed these in my game. In fact, two builds I've got going on use Mincsims sliders and I haven't had the chance yet to go see if Minc did anything with them yet.

Again, thank you <3 (((HUGS)))
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 9:40 AM Last edited by Coeur : 27th Jul 2018 at 10:00 AM.
Tyvm. Awesome addition to the game :lovestruc
Test Subject
#14 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 12:23 PM
Hello, AshenSeaced,

thank you for your work.
unfortunately the sliding door under Sims 4 version 1.44.88.1020 does not work for me.
the door can be installed in construction mode.
if a sim wants to enter the room through the sliding door, the game crashes.
the error also occurs if only this mod is installed in the mod folder.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 0-Positiv
Hello, AshenSeaced,

thank you for your work.
unfortunately the sliding door under Sims 4 version 1.44.88.1020 does not work for me.

Please sent me the error message you got. I'm running 1.44.88 but it throws no error for me. If I can see the error message maybe I can point out the problem for you. Thanks for informing.

AshenSS
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 8:59 PM
Default Sliding Door Recolored - Error
Quote: Originally posted by AshenSeaced
Please sent me the error message you got. I'm running 1.44.88 but it throws no error for me. If I can see the error message maybe I can point out the problem for you. Thanks for informing.

Hello, AshenSeaced,

I sent you a PN with the link to lastCrash.txt.
the lastExeption.txt cannot be generated, because the game crashes every time the sim tries to enter a room through the sliding door without an inGame error message.
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 10:17 PM
Thanks for your work on the sliding doors. I've held off on patching for & installing Seasons because my main household NEEDS Brujah's sliding doors and animated garage door, among other things (It's a recreation of my Sims 3 household). I've been going to his page regularly, watching for updates... and then I stumbled upon your page. So happy to see this. So you're also working on the garage door? I'll be checking back to see how it's going. THANK YOU! <3
Forum Resident
#18 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 0-Positiv
Hello, AshenSeaced,

thank you for your work.

I had this concern too, my game stopped without any message when I was on the lot that had its doors placed. I have no error message, but, the game goes out at once. I had to try to understand, I removed the doors and everything went back to normal. It's a restaurant in the jungle to give a hint that could help having no message coming from the game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heidi137
I had this concern too, my game stopped without any message when I was on the lot that had its doors placed. I have no error message, but, the game goes out at once. I had to try to understand, I removed the doors and everything went back to normal. It's a restaurant in the jungle to give a hint that could help having no message coming from the game.

O-Positiv sent me a crash report recently, as I analyze the situation when the two mods are installed at the same time the error is coming from brujah's door which needs the script to work and cause an error and if my mod installed alone it will eventually crash the game because it needs the animation from brujah (tested in my game). We can't use the script because it will definitely cause an error too as I said it is outdated (I got an error to this script too). This is not the same case to everyone so I think it is a uncommon problem. I will create an override mod in brujah's door and sent to those getting problems personally (I will not release it in public), and let's see what happen. Thanks for the concern.

Note: I'm not sure when, maybe tomorrow it's my day off.

AshenSS
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 2:12 PM
LOVE THIS!!!!! Thank you!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 3:45 PM
Finally! A sliding door that works. I don't understand why the game didn't come with one. Just one of the many weird things about the S4 game.
Test Subject
#22 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 5:43 PM
Have you considered contacting other persons of authority like Orangemittens or Andrew regarding Brujah's files?

I'm not too sure how stuff works over at S4S but in some other modding communities I've been part of, contacting a mod or admin for permission to update another user's out of date mod(s) is something that was permitted if the original author was inactive
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 11:26 PM
Thank you i search this for my modern building and shops ^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 2:31 AM
YES FINALLY! I missed the sliding doors so much!
Instructor
#25 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 4:36 AM
Apparently they added sliding doors in the latest patch, will be any changes to these doors?
Page 1 of 2