Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 1:52 PM
Default How do I edit the BHAVs in the Behavior Function Editor and get it to save my changes?
I'm trying to make a mod where the lightning won't change my sims' outfits and hair so I clicked on Electrocute Me - Set Burned State then clicked view BHAV and it took me to Behavior Function Editor where I found CT - Set Face Override. After I made my changes I closed down the BHAV Function Editor but it didn't save my changes and it went back to the default settings. Is there anyway that I can fix this?
Screenshots
Advertisement
just a girl
#2 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 2:34 PM
This is probably because you were trying to edit the objects.package and SimPE prevented that. Extract the BHAV you want to edit, open it in SimPE, make changes and save as new package (or include it in the lightning fix package you have). When you put that package in the Downloads, edited BHAV will override the original one from objects.package, and this is how you modify the game's behavior.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
This is probably because you were trying to edit the objects.package and SimPE prevented that. Extract the BHAV you want to edit, open it in SimPE, make changes and save as new package (or include it in the lightning fix package you have). When you put that package in the Downloads, edited BHAV will override the original one from objects.package, and this is how you modify the game's behavior.

Hey first of all thank you for replying to me. How do I go about extracting the BHAVS that I want and make my changes stick?
just a girl
#4 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 3:47 PM
Hey. I'll try to explain it. Feel free to ask questions if I'm not clear.

See this Extract button? Push it to extract the BHAV you are viewing at the moment. It prompts you to save the file. Save it wherever you will be able to find it later. Then open your working package in SimPE (or create new one) and right-mouse-click somewhere in the resource list to bring up the context menu. From it, choose Import Resource or Add Resource (forgot the name of the option, but you get the idea), browse to the file you extracted earlier and add it. After you've made your changes, press Commit File (the button is not far from the Extract button) and then Save the whole package (File - Save).
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 4:45 PM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 7th Aug 2018 at 6:18 PM.
Hey. I'll try to explain it. Feel free to ask questions if I'm not clear.

See this Extract button? Push it to extract the BHAV you are viewing at the moment. It prompts you to save the file. Save it wherever you will be able to find it later. Then open your working package in SimPE (or create new one) and right-mouse-click somewhere in the resource list to bring up the context menu. From it, choose Import Resource or Add Resource (forgot the name of the option, but you get the idea), browse to the file you extracted earlier and add it. After you've made your changes, press Commit File (the button is not far from the Extract button) and then Save the whole package (File - Save).

Thank you. Do you know what all the arrows are supposed to do because I don't know why they're even there?
just a girl
#6 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 9:52 PM
They point to nodes to be executed next after a given node returns true or false. The arrows help you follow the path, making the code more readable, I guess, like in a mind map.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 12:48 AM
They point to nodes to be executed next after a given node returns true or false. The arrows help you follow the path, making the code more readable, I guess, like in a mind map.

So does that mean that the arrows only point to nodes that are linked? I actually think that's a really cool feature that the developers put in so kudos to them.
just a girl
#8 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 2:56 PM
And unlinked nodes are pointed at by grey arrows from nowhere. You can spot one on your screenshot.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 1:15 AM
And unlinked nodes are pointed at by grey arrows from nowhere. You can spot one on your screenshot.

I just like to say thank you. Thanks to you and your help I was able to make my first mod which prevents the lightning from giving your sims a singed outfit,hair and face. It's currently in the beta stage right now.