Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 2:12 PM Last edited by The_Llamacorn : 18th Aug 2018 at 9:09 AM.
Mod Idea: Pets get re-adopted by another household when put up for adoption/taken away
I've been looking around and I can't find a mod that does this. I'm trying to make a "challenge" where I build a shelter and adopt animals, then I train them and then adopt them out to someone. But since putting them up for adoption only puts them on the adoption list/ makes them disappear it doesn't really work. I would have to put them in a different household manually through manage world, which would be possible, but a bit tedious. So I'd really like to see this happen but in the meanwhile, I'll just have to stick to doing it manually

(Something similar to this does exist in the Mc Command Center mod. It's the same idea but with kids/toddlers so when they get taken away they get added to another household in the world instead of just "removed".)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 8:24 PM
I have also been looking for a way to do this and recently started poking around in the files myself. I am somewhat familiar with Python and programming in general, but at the moment I'm just trying to figure out how the game works. Is there anyone else trying to work on something like this? Or maybe knows how difficult of a task it would be to add an interaction to give away/sell a pet to another sim, while also adding it to their household? Functionality like this would really enhance gameplay in my opinion, and it's tragic that it's not already in the game. I love challenges like the one mentioned above.