Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 6:53 PM
Default sale and the best dlc
so im back at playing sims 4 for now wihuuu
how often would you say sims packs are on sale?
and which dlc is the best? i already have gtw and cats and dogs, so none of those.
i have looked on parenthood and dine out, but i really don't want to give ea that much money ahah
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 7:11 PM
Really good question. Just recently I was thinking about trying to rally a few TS4 simmers together a write truthful accounts of the packs thus far. Not like the great work some YouTube reviewers do such as LGR. But more of a "then" and "now" kind of report. An example would be, when Spa Day was released, it was to everyone's surprise how the idea of the Game Packs might really be a great implementation. Spa Day, on release, was fucking fantastic. "Then."

However, presently it's a broken piece of shit not worth spending the money on as every unique NPC and/or their interactions are broken to shit. Some for so many months it hurts to think about. "Now."

Anyone else with me on doing such a report? "The Facts of Packs - Then and Now." Great title, don't you think? Origin needs to be held accountable for the broken shit they sell. Should be fucking illegal.

List every pack. What was good about it on release (yeah, I know, most have broken shit on release anyway...) But then really list, truthfully, what is totally fucked about it now. We know there is a lot. So the list may take some time to compile.

Put that in your store window, Origin, you fuckers.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
#3 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 7:57 PM
I suspect Origin has a sale upcoming usually when they do all of their digital download games and expansion packs become unavailable everywhere except on Origin and they are currently entirely unavailable on Amazon
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 9:34 PM
I only recently went back to playing Sims 4, after having ignored it for at least two years or more. I bought the game and Get To Work, as both were on sale at the time, played for a while, then stopped, uninstalled, and ignored it. I still watched LGR's reviews on it because I like his videos, and it was nice to see what was happening with Sims 4. I think I came back to the game about a month ago because I heard Seasons was released.

Installed is the Base Game, Spa Day, and Seasons.

...and as much as I enjoy Seasons, I am getting sorely tempted to uninstall my entire game and reinstall, so I don't use Seasons. Sounds really weird because Seasons is an EP I always look forward to. But the way Seasons plays in this game is just not to my liking. Several aspects of it are pretty neat: the holidays can be fun, and I like the added clothes. In terms of gameplay, I cannot say if it altered much. I never paid much attention to gardening, so I can't say if it really changed that much compared to before, except now the things have 'seasons' to be harvestable in. I don't like that I only have options to determine length of a season, but cannot remove a season to occur like in Sims 3. (because I sure as heck would get rid of Autumn and Winter; they seem to add lag to my game that Spring and Summer don't) I don't like how the limited Whims get clogged with seasonal stuff like buying a Bee Box, Making a Snowpal or Playing in a Leafpile. I don't like them changing into Hot/Cold Weather attire for going outside, but don't change back when inside where it's cooler/warmer. (Though this one is very minor, I admit that)
It is hilarious to see Sims slipping in mud puddles, though.

I enjoy Spa Day's additions like the Wellness skill, some hair and clothes, and massages... but I honestly cannot say how the Spa Day lots play because I don't go to any of them. But that's because this game gives me either no incentive to go to other lots or it removes my desire to go to lots because of loading screens.

...hindsight, had I known a month ago how I would feel now, I would've saved myself a ton of money by not buying Seasons.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deestar
I suspect Origin has a sale upcoming usually when they do all of their digital download games and expansion packs become unavailable everywhere except on Origin and they are currently entirely unavailable on Amazon

Well, we just had a partial sale for Sims stuff -- Seasons was down to $30, Cats and Dogs down to $20. I don't know if that counts.