Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 10:38 PM
Default Sims 3 Create a World Not Opening
Now, I know what you might be thinking, why are you posting this?, there's already a bunch of fixes out there,

but none of them are working. I double-click the icon, it opens the loading splash screen for a few seconds, and then immediately closes, nothing else. No error, nothing. I know I have the correct version installed (1.69), I've uninstalled and removed all of my custom content, I've tried restarting my machine, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program, I tried running both the program in the files and the shortcut as Administrator, and I've deleted the cache files, I've done everything I could find, nothing seems to be working.

I have the World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Showtime, Pets, and University Life expansions, as well as the Town Life stuff pack.

I have a Windows 8.1 64bit operating system, and I have the digital Origin versions of the game, no disc, not Steam.

I've posted this on the EA Answers website and on the Sims Forums, nobody seems knows a fix.

Is there any way I can fix this?
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 1:42 AM
Caw requires a powerful computer. It seems to me like you might have an old one with windows 8.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Caw requires a powerful computer. It seems to me like you might have an old one with windows 8.

Got it 4 years ago.
GTX 1050, i7 4770, 765 gb

I've also been able to use CAW in the past perfectly fine, so that clearly isn't the issue.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 3:37 AM
It has been years since I set this all up. Do we have to put CAW in large address aware?

I know it can run on 7 as I refused to go to 10 and my game runs well and CAW. i7 also, older one.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 12:37 PM
It might be possible that you have the wrong version of CAW??? I mean, I know nothing about all the patches, updates etc but you could try, if you haven't already, the suggestions posted here - https://simsvip.com/2016/01/06/sims...te-a-world-fix/

I recall not being able to launch CAW after the 1.69 patch but followed the instructions above and it worked. Instructions also found here - https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...n-origin-caw/p1
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
It might be possible that you have the wrong version of CAW??? I mean, I know nothing about all the patches, updates etc but you could try, if you haven't already, the suggestions posted here - https://simsvip.com/2016/01/06/sims...te-a-world-fix/

I recall not being able to launch CAW after the 1.69 patch but followed the instructions above and it worked. Instructions also found here - https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...n-origin-caw/p1

As I said in the post, I have the correct version.

I've downloaded Origin first in mid-late 2017 and downloaded CaW a few weeks ago, so this shouldn't be the problem, but I'll try it out
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 10:28 PM
I think you need the patch for the CaW tool located on that website. If that doesn't work..don't know what to tell ya, sorry ; (
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 8:47 AM
I refused to patch and stayed on 1.67.
dodgy builder
#9 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 1:16 PM
Have you gone through the old troublshooting threads on this forum. Tons of solutions has been suggested through the years. If I were in your place I would search through those. A couple is also tagged to the top of this forum.
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 5:58 PM
Hi @ArcticSkeleton,
Did you found a solution?
I have the same error
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 9:55 AM
Has yours worked in the past and does not work now or has it never worked for you?