Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
dodgy builder
#26 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Yes, very nice. I might try a lighter shade- do you think blonde would look okay with PVC?

It might do yes, it depends on the quality of the PVC of course
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 7:02 PM
If Nrass did died, we would be asking them to do a fan attempt at the remaster of TS3/TS5 for tradeoff. Now do we?

Long live NRass! \o/

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 9:26 PM
ARRRAGG!!! NRAAS is down! getting a 522 error! Panic everyone! Panic like you've never panicked before!!

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
ARRRAGG!!! NRAAS is down! getting a 522 error! Panic everyone! Panic like you've never panicked before!!

Sorry for everyone to have wasted a perfectly good panic session, but the site was rebooting at the time.

How about if we cut out at least some of the nonsense. But do let us know if you get a 552 error, that means you have won the lottery and may as well purchase your dream home and anything else you want while waiting for the check to arrive. It will be one of those obscenely large ones that you have to stand next to while pretending to receive it from the lottery officials for the press story.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 3:42 AM
I bet you are a lot of fun at parties, Igazor.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 4:07 AM
Strange as it may seem, that's not the first time I've heard that remark made in my direction.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 11:45 AM
I feel like that remark is way too common anyway, considering how infrequently most people go to parties. Maybe it's just me though. Sure, I'm up for a good party every other month or so, but doing it every weekend would kill me.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#33 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 6:19 PM
I think that might be the most relatable thing you've ever said Although there's this strange species I've met- living in a college town as I do- who go to parties every other day, and something seems fishy about the whole business. I suspect they're aliens, tbh.
Scholar
#34 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 6:46 PM
@igazor I know that I had already said this already on the NRaas website but you guys had done a wonderful job with the new website. It looks cleaner and more organized than even the old one.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 7:11 PM
I live in a college town as well, tonight's our local historical-event-that-we-turned-into-a-booze-party day. Fun for the beer, the funfair rides and the unts unts unts; not so fun for doing groceries. Because you can't.
Then again, it's a day on which the city's entire populace (and then some) decides to get shitfaced and ride the bumper cars, and it's because of something that happened well over 400 years ago. I think there's something to be said for that.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I went over to Mare's Nest

I hate that you made me look that up. It's like SimSecret, but really really sad. It's like if I were 70 years old, and I considered my Tumblr a full-time hobby, only no one read it.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 1:57 PM
It's something I've most likely heard mentioned in passing, but ignored. I'm the sort of person who ignores things he doesn't recognize until they're brought up repeatedly. Then I'm like, what is this thing and why is it relevant? Like how over the last month, no less than 3 separate people have told me Modern Talking is the worst thing in existance. So I looked it up and yeah. People also keep bringing up this thing called "Despacito" but I don't believe I've heard it.

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#38 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 8:37 PM
I must be older or more out of touch than anyone here, because I've only heard of it in passing, and I don't see what the big thing is about a bunch of people making fun of other people. It's not nice, that's for certain. I'm with Grijze on this, that's for certain.

Though I DO have a 10-year-old at home who constantly reminds mommy (me) that I'm suuuuuuuuuuuuper old and what not (he also thinks that my mother is older than me, so... yeah.).

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Field Researcher
#39 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 8:42 PM Last edited by Brunnis-2 : 7th Oct 2018 at 9:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I hate that you made me look that up. It's like SimSecret, but really really sad. It's like if I were 70 years old, and I considered my Tumblr a full-time hobby, only no one read it.

I hate that you having to look it up made me look it up. I was living in a perfect little bubble of ignorance and now the migraine that kept me off work on Friday is set to make a comeback.

I think I may have come across it once before when searching for CC and sharply dismissed it because there were too many words on the screen. Lucky escape until now.

EDIT: I think this may be my new addiction. Can't. Stop. Reading.

.:: B2SIMS.com ::.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#40 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 12:08 AM
For reference, I don't think there's anything wrong with a bit of good flaming. I don't believe in things like taking offence, words can't hurt, but if all you do all day long is anonymously talk shit about strangers I imagine you're not a very enviable sort of person. That's why I like SimSecret, it's logical that a place like it should exist. People want to voice their opinions and it's best to collect these opinions in one place. I feel much worse for the people who think a place like SimSecret shouldn't exist.

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#41 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 8:32 AM Last edited by Oesau13 : 8th Oct 2018 at 8:58 AM.
I added a "Ew!" to my post for a reason. If Griz or anybody else for that matter goes there, it is their own doing. He's not a victim of anything and blaming me for his own stupidity doesn't fly. I also find it ironic that he complains about a site being offensive when he himself thrives in insulting people. Hello pot, meet kettle...

Aha, gotcha. What I meant in agreeing with Griz was that the site was stupid, not that flaming people was cool. Sorry, I misinterpreted that.

Yeah, I completely understand. I'm not a fan of that kind of thing myself. Been a victim of misplaced hate before as a kid/teen and adult, so that shit really doesn't fly with me. I don't get the Mean Girls culture and how it's so popular now. But this is getting off-topic so I'll shaddup now.

I am finding the new NRAAS site a bit difficult to navigate - is it just me or are the "how to use this mod" instructions missing on a lot of the mods? I wanted to look up something for Master Controller, only to not find the documentation present (MC_Progression, specifically. I don't have Nraas Story Progression in my game and was wondering if I needed the MC portion of it or not).

Dead Ringers
Instructor
#42 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 9:39 AM
@Oesau13 From what I understand, there's been a few issues with the changeover due to outside circumstances, so they're still in the process of getting everything up and running. There's a post about it on the new site.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 10:39 AM
I added a "Ew!" to my post for a reason. If Griz or anybody else for that matter goes there, it is their own doing. He's not a victim of anything and blaming me for his own stupidity doesn't fly. I also find it ironic that he complains about a site being offensive when he himself thrives in insulting people. Hello pot, meet kettle...

I'm always amazed at how eager you are to consider me as some sort of hypocrite idiot when it's really your own inability (or unwillingness?) to interpret me correctly. I've never really thought of MTS as a sort of place where people say things literally or take themselves seriously,

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#44 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
@Oesau13 From what I understand, there's been a few issues with the changeover due to outside circumstances, so they're still in the process of getting everything up and running. There's a post about it on the new site.

That's what I thought. It takes a LOT of work to get a site up so I'm not complaining about it at all. I'm grateful that the folks that are running it have continued to run it for so long. A lot of mod sites/cc sites have disappeared into the WaybackMachine, so to have Nraas up is a godsend, in any shape or form.

Dead Ringers
Mad Poster
#45 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Oesau13
I wanted to look up something for Master Controller, only to not find the documentation present (MC_Progression, specifically. I don't have Nraas Story Progression in my game and was wondering if I needed the MC portion of it or not).

The MC Progression add-on module is an enhancement to progression, not a substitute for it. The module acts as a bridge between the MC and SP base mods. If the SP base mod is not present and you add MC Progression, the game will crash on startup every time. It also wouldn't have anything to do if SP is not there.
Instructor
#46 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 4:19 PM
That's what I thought. It takes a LOT of work to get a site up so I'm not complaining about it at all. I'm grateful that the folks that are running it have continued to run it for so long. A lot of mod sites/cc sites have disappeared into the WaybackMachine, so to have Nraas up is a godsend, in any shape or form.

I hear that- feels like every day I find out another favorite site is gone- I've taken to just mass downloading and saving what I don't currently want to my external hard drive when I find a creator I like, lol.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The MC Progression add-on module is an enhancement to progression, not a substitute for it. The module acts as a bridge between the MC and SP base mods. If the SP base mod is not present and you add MC Progression, the game will crash on startup every time. It also wouldn't have anything to do if SP is not there.

Thank you, @igazor - So I'll just leave it out then. I'd like to use SP but it is too complicated for my puny little mind/haaaates my game.

Quote: Originally posted by orose
I hear that- feels like every day I find out another favorite site is gone- I've taken to just mass downloading and saving what I don't currently want to my external hard drive when I find a creator I like, lol.

Yep, I do the same! Actually bought a couple of huge thumb drives to save content on.

Dead Ringers
Scholar
#48 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 5:21 PM
Thank you, @igazor - So I'll just leave it out then. I'd like to use SP but it is too complicated for my puny little mind/haaaates my game.

Yep, I do the same! Actually bought a couple of huge thumb drives to save content on.

Sound like an expensive investment to me but i'm sure the pay off would make it well worth it for the contribution of the Sims community. I have a more than a few hard drives lying around with most of the space taken up on them. Perhaps I could delete a bunch of unnecessary and unneeded stuff on them to make room to store more cc on them in case cc websites start disappearing out of the clear sky like they are doing quite recently. I also still have an unopened box of a 64 GB flash drive lying on my bed that i'm too prideful to open and a few more flash drives as well, 2 are 8 GB and one is 16 GB.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Sound like an expensive investment to me but i'm sure the pay off would make it well worth it for the contribution of the Sims community. I have a more than a few hard drives lying around with most of the space taken up on them. Perhaps I could delete a bunch of unnecessary and unneeded stuff on them to make room to store more cc on them in case cc websites start disappearing out of the clear sky like they are doing quite recently. I also still have an unopened box of a 64 GB flash drive lying on my bed that i'm too prideful to open and a few more flash drives as well, 2 are 8 GB and one is 16 GB.

I've collected them over the years (there was a time I was skint broke and could not afford internet, so I was given them as birthday gifts so I could use them at the library to feed my CC addiction) and I think I've got about 104 gigs or so; one 64 gig dedicated to archiving my entire game (which I update each time I update my CC content) and a few other 32 giggers for the content.

I repair computers for kicks and giggles, so I have probably 4-5 extra lying around at any given time, which I also have filled with CC, which I need to take off and put on the drives. (One I'm fixing to give to my sister (laptop), the old desktop I'm cleaning out and putting Sims 2 on for my niece, who wants to play the game, and one my parents gave me to 'fix' which I did an am using to make my "dumb" TV a "smart" TV - my own laptop needs a new CMOS battery before I can access the crap I've got stored on there, LOL)

I am wicked disorganized, too. I think I may have TONS of DVD disks with Sims2 cc on it as well. I should get off my butt and get them uploaded to a file sharing site or something for folks that are looking for more CC.

Dead Ringers
Scholar
#50 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 7:58 PM
I've collected them over the years (there was a time I was skint broke and could not afford internet, so I was given them as birthday gifts so I could use them at the library to feed my CC addiction) and I think I've got about 104 gigs or so; one 64 gig dedicated to archiving my entire game (which I update each time I update my CC content) and a few other 32 giggers for the content.

I repair computers for kicks and giggles, so I have probably 4-5 extra lying around at any given time, which I also have filled with CC, which I need to take off and put on the drives. (One I'm fixing to give to my sister (laptop), the old desktop I'm cleaning out and putting Sims 2 on for my niece, who wants to play the game, and one my parents gave me to 'fix' which I did an am using to make my "dumb" TV a "smart" TV - my own laptop needs a new CMOS battery before I can access the crap I've got stored on there, LOL)

I am wicked disorganized, too. I think I may have TONS of DVD disks with Sims2 cc on it as well. I should get off my butt and get them uploaded to a file sharing site or something for folks that are looking for more CC.

Now you had gotten me interested in what kind of cc you have and how much you had archived over the years. It would be really cool to see some of that cc reuploaded seeing as how many Sims 2 and even Sims 3 cc websites and files are going kaput.
Page 2 of 3