Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 9:52 PM
Default Hey, I'm doing a community survey again
For the last three years I've done an annual community survey they've gotten a whole bunch of responses each time. The results have been interesting so far, and I was asked to redo it for this year. So here we are......We'll be able to see what's happened in the last year, how attitudes and people's hardware have changed, and we can see if any of the games have gotten any more or less popular than they were.

I've posted this thread in the boards for TS2, TS3, and TS4 in an attempt to represent each game's following more fairly, and I've already ran it past a couple of popular Discord servers as well.

Let me know!
Link to the survey
Link to the results

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 10:25 PM
All my write-ins was """Bring all the charm from Sims 2 to all Sims games."""

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Meet Me In My Next Life
#3 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 10:33 PM Last edited by Simonut : 12th Oct 2018 at 11:06 PM.
@marka93 That will "never" happen that is just one of the reason die hard fans after so many years still play Sims 2. because waiting and waiting for a new and better upgrade was lacking in the EPs that Follow Sims 2.

@GrijzePilion Excellent and very fun survey I really enjoy it, very well organized and put together. :lovestruc

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 10:39 PM
Answered.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#5 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 10:46 PM
Best laugh today:
"Don't do mods, kids."
"Winners don't do custom content."

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 11:02 PM
Who are these heathens that place their toilet paper facing away?!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 1:19 AM
Who are the three people who rated EA a 10? Bring out the stocks!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 8:39 AM
Yip - I did it. Had to lie about the toilet paper though - it is not facing anywhere, I put it on a shelf
Inventor
#9 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 8:58 AM
I took the survey ! I left the Sims 1 part blank though because I never owned it on PC, I only remember renting the Playstation version from Blockbuster.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#10 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 9:54 AM
I usually don't do surveys but I made an exception in this case. Very enlightening. But the toilet paper one was cheating! Besides, who plays the game in the bathroom? (don't answer that question. TMI)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#11 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 10:26 AM
Didn't play Sims 3 for very long, so didn't answer that bit (and have never played Sims 4). The question about how much you spent on your computer is going to get some weird answers lol.
Scholar
#12 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 11:58 AM
i voted but did people genuinely vote 10 for EA and sims 4?! and i agree with @justpetro my toliet paper doesn't face anywhere.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 2:54 PM
I'm not above tossing obvious joke answers in the trash, and that includes everyone who gave TS4 or EA a 10. Sorry, not sorry.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#14 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 3:04 PM
Personally I'm offended 'cause the "paper question", where are my constitutional rights!?

EA is one of the most heavy handed, sloppy (just as I wrote) and stupid of the Companies, but it's not the worst. Try to say "nintendo" or "Konami" without *THAT* word, and do not forget Bethesda which slowly but steady grows up in the ranks of beign really bad.

I'm a bit surprised with S4 popularity in that survey (adressed mostly to S2 players), generational change maybe. As I'm not with W10 world-wide infestations, zombies are everywhere, and they pack this abomination into chips and fish even (it's not "bad system", the problem is: it's design principles are absolutely wrong, and dangerous).

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Theorist
#15 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 3:06 PM
Interesting survey--I liked reading the replies.
And I'm the one who said they are ripping off the fans. It's true. We've been loyal since 2000 and all they want to do is hook in noobs for more cash for less content.

Base game Sims 4 is basically "boring" and unplayable. Glad I got it dirt cheap when everyone was running it down. I've been tempted but have never bought a Sims 4 ep. (stop dangling Sims 4 Seasons in front of me...I'm resisting...).

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#16 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 3:57 PM
I spent a lot of time on Sims 3 - after I bought it (I thought it was expensive) - I tried to like it (value for money) - but in the end, it did not work.

Sims 4 was a bit similar - except that it was a gift from somebody who meant well - and she bought when it came out, so no discount - so I tried to like it. It failed as well.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 5:16 PM
A minor detail: For the question when did I start playing The Sims 2, I chose When it was a little older (2008-2011). But that isn't quite true. I actually bought my game in October 2012, and, after very carefully reading the little manual, I started playing at the end of November. There's no provision in the options given in the survey for those of us who started in 2012 or 2013. It was getting harder to find The Sims 2 for sale by then, but new copies were still available in some shops: I kept seeing Double Deluxe for sale in the supermarket where I bought mine right up until the UC came out in 2014.

So Sims 2 has been out for fourteen years and I've been playing it for nearly six. That's nearly half the time the game's been around. So I suppose I'm not quite the newbie that I sometimes think I am. What I do know is that the game has given me far more pleasure than I ever imagined when I handed over my £7 to buy it. That's probably why I don't feel quite as negatively towards EA as some people do. For the record I gave EA 5 points, but I gave Maxis 9.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 5:55 PM
I can tell you all this that I will not buy Sims 5 if it does come out until others have posted about how it is.

Sims 3 was ok but so much changed from Sims 2 that I stopped play it and Sims 4 was way to much of a change that they should have brought it out with all new NPC's instead of bringing back the names from Sims 2 and 3.
I hate 4 with a passion and only bought the base game when it first came out and after 12-14 hours of play never opened it again and now its at the back of my game shelf hidden from sight.
It seems to me that Sims 4 was made for the younger crowed of players around 12 yo.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#19 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 7:02 PM
TS2 has really made a huge leap in the franchise. TS3 - not that much (albeit it's fun looking at the town as If its a toy full replicate sat on your table that isn't just a plain doll house) and how pixels are walking around or staring at other neighbors without having your sim to step a foot out of their house). Don't get even me started with TS4: it's the biggest insult and finger shown to the beloved veteran fans, it backstabbed us all).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 10:38 PM
Answered. I love Sims 2 and Sims 3 but refuse to buy anything else from EA. I'm not touching Sims 4 with a ten foot pole and the same will go for Sims 5 if it happens. I have to wonder how the people without mods play Sims 3, since I heavily rely on Nraas mods to keep Sims 3 stable.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I have to wonder how the people without mods play Sims 3, since I heavily rely on Nraas mods to keep Sims 3 stable.

I have to wonder how people without mods play any sims game.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 10:27 AM
Sims 2 - possible to play without mods - one can play around many of the problems - I did it for 4 years
Sims 3 - possible to play if you don't mind everything and every sim being screwed up all the time.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 10:39 AM
Sims 4 - not possible to play even with mods
Mad Poster
#24 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 10:57 AM
I think that may be true - I played 4 when it came out - to be honest, the Sims were charming in a way - until stuff kicked in:

Me: I like this James sim, he is quite charming
Game: He needs to play a computer game, he is getting depressed
Me: but he is still having his 3 hour long breakfast while playing musical charis
Game: He needs to play a game now! He is clenching his teeth
Me: But he is still hungry
Game: The clenching of teeth is getting worse by the second
Me: Quit the game.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 12:49 PM
...And I played Sim1 for the music.
I am humming it right now.

Hi. I'm Caren but you can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
I GOT A YOUTUBE(Eng sub provided) : YOUTUBE
You can find my ts2&ts4 pre-mades' stories here: Blog(korean)
Not very active on the tumblr now but: Tumblr
I can be found at Discord channels dedicated to ts2.
Page 1 of 4