Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 11:12 PM
What do the Style Flags / Tags actually mean?
I've been going through and re-categorizing my CC, and I'm trying to accurately flag their style tags. They definitely seem to have a hand in townie outfit generation, so I'd like to make sure I'm tagging them as best I can.

I've looked everywhere I can for more information, but all I've found is people asking the same question but no real answers. I think it would be useful to compile any information possible about them, if only for the sake of our poor, poorly-dressed townies.

These are the ones which you are able to filter by in CAS:
  • Basics (GenContemporaryBasic)
  • Polished (GenPolished)
  • Preppy (GenPreppy)
  • Rocker (GothRockPunk)
  • Country
  • Hispter
  • Boho (Bohemian)

I made an example outfit of each style using their CAS filters:

However there are a lot more which don't show in CAS, and these are the ones that I'm uncertain about.
  • GenSummer
  • GenCitySleek
  • Classics
  • GenContemporaryDesigner
  • GenOutdoorExplorer
  • GenPartyTrendy
  • GenRomantic
  • FormalModern
  • FormalTrendy
  • Street
  • Business
  • Festival_Romance
My guess: What sims wear to the Romance Festival.
  • Festival_Nerd
My guess: What sims wear to GeekCon.
  • Festival_Light
  • Festival_Dark
  • Festival_Food
My guess: What sims wear to the Spice Festival?
  • Festival_Blossom
  • VampireArchetype_Nosferatu
  • VampireArchetype_Dracula
  • VampireArchetype_Modern
  • VampireArchetype_Victorian
  • VampireArchetype_Punk
  • VampireWalkby_Nosferatu
  • VampireWalkby_Modern
  • VampireWalkby_Victorian
  • VampireWalkby_Punk
  • Jungle
Interestingly, I saw some of the DoD clothing marked as this.
  • Seasonal_Winter
  • Seasonal_Fall
  • Seasonal_Spring
  • Seasonal_Summer
  • Witch
  • Pirate
  • Frankenstein
  • Glamping
  • ArtsQuarter
My guess: What townies from the Arts Quarter in San Myshuno wear.
  • FashionDistrict
My guess: What townies from the Fashion District in San Myshuno wear.
  • SpiceMarket
My guess: What townies from the Spice Market in San Myshuno wear.

Any help with these is seriously, seriously appreciated! :lovestruc
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th May 2019 at 12:35 PM
This is actually all guesswork, sorry about late reply but from my experience heres what I only do know so far:

Style_Festival_Dark (1623) - This is the mischief side of the Humor festival, maxis has tagged most black clothing, and sometimes there is also a bit of blue on the black here and there. (Adults and Children CAS can be tagged this way)

Style_Festival_Light (1622) - THe opposite side of the Humor Festival, Anything white or anything plain Yellow should be tagged like this.(Adults and Children CAS can be tagged this way)

Style_Festival_Romance (1620) - these clothes come in mostly Light Pink or Light Purple, and usually more expensive looking clothes than cheap ones.

Style_Festival_Food (1624) - Maxis likes to tag any plain brown colored clothing for this, and atm I presume it might have something do with the Spice Festival, but whatever the case it's safe to tag your brown clothing for this.

And if you really want to get super geeky, don't forget the Uniform (91) tags also, like you might find a clothing in black & white, you can then tag that CAS Part as (91) Uniform and (682) Uniform_BlackAndWhiteParty.

And the amount of Uniform tags is almost as mystery as the Styles.