Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 9:21 AM Last edited by AdmiralDefiant : 19th Apr 2019 at 11:36 PM.
Default Is it safe to default-replace rabbit holes with script / DLL edits?
Hi all,

I'm putting together a mod to make Oasis Landing's City Hall into a Bridgeport-esque combination City Hall, Military Base, and Police Station. I managed to get the DLL end of it working, with a custom DLL in its own namespace.

However, I have a remaining question: is it, for any reason, a bad idea to straight-up default-replace the OBJK for the CityHallEP11 so that it uses the new DLL? Should I go with my alternate, already working plan and make it a non-replacement (which should also work, but is a bit of a pain)?

I can think of some decent reasons not to do it, anyway (some people might want vanilla behavior in "real" Oasis Landing and non-vanilla behavior from Naiya's default-world-ified version, for instance), but I couldn't think of any reason why it shouldn't be done.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Can't get it to work with the replacement version. That seems as good a reason as any not to do it that way, I guess.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 2:08 PM
Hrm so what exactly does the script/dll file do? because what you also could do is just copy paste the 'script' line from the CityHallEP11's OBJK and apply that to the Oasis landing one that way it will use the bridgeport script instead