Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 8th May 2019 at 1:56 AM
Basic aliens could have been improved by:
- multiple PTs
- faster learning, either generally or specifically for logic or mechanical
- special skills (for example, being able to summon aliens themselves as soon as they're old enough to use the telescope, just as Plantsims can talk to plants as soon as they grow up)
- when summoned by part-aliens, instead of the playable being abducted, the visitors should actually beam down and visit, and it should be possible to invite them to move in if a good enough relationship is developed
- regular Sims acting shocked the first time they see an alien (but only the first time; knowing Maxis, they would have had it happen every time, which would quickly have become annoying)

But I would have loved a whole Space Life EP, with playable aliens, alien townies, a new hood type with different housing options and community lots (including a Space Port that would be a favourite place for non-aliens to visit and sample alien food and culture), flitters instead of cars, and some different degrees and careers - xenobiology, engineering and astrophysics, perhaps.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#52 Old 8th May 2019 at 3:38 AM
You know, I was thinking... It might've been neat if Bon Voyage included an extraterrestrial vacation hood. They could have a special greeting (live long and prosper?)... Unique vegetation, landscaping, ground cover... Who knows what you'd do for fun? but really, it could be anything at all.

I'm all in favor of a wider variety of vacation destinations... I really wish more had been done. But an alien destination could've been really cool. Especially if it had to be unlocked, either by being alien-descent, earning the skill to summon aliens, or by having been previously abducted. Anybody have any ideas for what should've been in an alien vacation hood?

I see a lot of people saying aliens should've had special skills... any ideas for what specific skills aliens should've had? Impregnation, i think, should've been one, in my opinion!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#53 Old 8th May 2019 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
You know, I was thinking... It might've been neat if Bon Voyage included an extraterrestrial vacation hood. They could have a special greeting (live long and prosper?)... Unique vegetation, landscaping, ground cover... Who knows what you'd do for fun? but really, it could be anything at all.

I'm all in favor of a wider variety of vacation destinations... I really wish more had been done. But an alien destination could've been really cool. Especially if it had to be unlocked, either by being alien-descent, earning the skill to summon aliens, or by having been previously abducted. Anybody have any ideas for what should've been in an alien vacation hood?

I see a lot of people saying aliens should've had special skills... any ideas for what specific skills aliens should've had? Impregnation, i think, should've been one, in my opinion!

-gE
>=)

Chris Hatch actually has that in T&A. You can go on a space vacation to another planet.
Theorist
#54 Old 8th May 2019 at 12:35 PM
After discovering that Alien Sims can suntan, I thought that it would be fun if they had given Alien Sims a couple more skintones either some varying shades of green or going from green to blue.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Chris Hatch actually has that in T&A. You can go on a space vacation to another planet.

Is it available by itself or just as part of that giant mod/CC bundle?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 8th May 2019 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Is it available by itself or just as part of that giant mod/CC bundle?

Just as part of the mod, but you could ask him if he'd separate it.
Scholar
#56 Old 9th May 2019 at 5:54 AM
He has seperated other parts of the mod before.
I'm always impressed with his work.
Forum Resident
#57 Old 9th May 2019 at 11:19 PM
I like the idea of them learning skills faster (at least logic) and having some special abilities like other supernaturals have. Why do witches, werewolves, vampires, etc. get special abilities and aliens don't??

This is pretty simplistic, but I think it would be cool if there was a career (and maybe a major) that only alien hybrids can choose. Maybe something like ambassador to other planets, abduction engineer, anything to do with spaceships (engineer, mechanic, captain, etc.). Stuff like that.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#58 Old 14th May 2019 at 1:07 AM
I was thinking, perhaps aliens should have some of their intergalactic space travel technology for use in their households. For example, perhaps they ought to have cryogenic sleep chambers instead of beds. Perhaps they have rejuvenation pods instead of showers, which restructure their DNA in order to slow the aging process AND keep them smelling fresh as a summer breeze! This would, of course, lead to a slightly elongated lifespan vs that of non-alien hybrid sims. Perhaps sleeping in the cryo-chamber would also slow the aging process. Maybe they don't cook on stoves, but have rehydration units, where they enter a little capsule or pod into an oven/microwave-like object and it comes out with a nice group meal. Maybe they should have some unique means of 'reducing the bladder score' (if ya know what i mean!). Does EVERY creature in the universe have its alimentary canal in the same spot? Not even every creature on our planet does! haha...

Any other technological or biological differences you can think of?

-gE
>=)
Test Subject
#59 Old 20th May 2019 at 11:25 PM
Maybe their eyes aren't different just outside but inside too and they can see farther and better, or see things that other sims can't. I don't know how that can be reflected ingame, because we, as players, can already see everything.

They could have some technology or psychic thing to communicate with animals, which make the training faster (that could be a nice ability for fairies too).
Mad Poster
#60 Old 21st May 2019 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Velcósitro
They could have some technology or psychic thing to communicate with animals, which make the training faster (that could be a nice ability for fairies too).

That's already an ability for werewolves.
Test Subject
#61 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 5:06 PM
Meduza made a "Cause headache" interaction for Aliens. https://jellymeduza.tumblr.com/post/185846159903/
Theorist
#62 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Velcósitro
Maybe their eyes aren't different just outside but inside too and they can see farther and better, or see things that other sims can't. I don't know how that can be reflected ingame, because we, as players, can already see everything.

In the lore of my Neighbourhood Sims with alien eyes can see Ultraviolet. Of course there's no way to simulate that...

Test Subject
#63 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 12:12 AM
Hi, I made a special thing for Aliens: UFO
I hope you like it.

My mods: Tumblr
My family trees: Midocaito
Mad Poster
#64 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 11:11 AM
Ooh, that looks cool, I literally just downloaded the alien token and headache prank yesterday because I'm about to play Johnny Smith and Stella Terrano in college and it had got me wishing for some more unique alien content.
Field Researcher
#65 Old 4th Oct 2019 at 4:28 AM
Aliens should have special powers. I guess they weren't planning on people like me downloading hacked telescopes The majority of my Strangetown is alien hybrid Sims.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#66 Old 4th Oct 2019 at 11:14 PM
@Neverwinter_Knight77 -- What kind of "special powers"?

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#67 Old 5th Oct 2019 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Ooh, that looks cool, I literally just downloaded the alien token and headache prank yesterday because I'm about to play Johnny Smith and Stella Terrano in college and it had got me wishing for some more unique alien content.

I can't find the alien token. The link redirects to some discernment mirrors. I downloaded those, but I don't see anything called alien token.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#68 Old 5th Oct 2019 at 7:16 AM
@Neverwinter_Knight77 -- What kind of "special powers"?

-gE
>=)

I don't know. All of the other life states get some kind of abilities. Servos' needs are easy to take care of. Werewolves and Bigfoot win fights easily. They could've come up with something for aliens. Teleportation maybe? Not being afraid of being abducted by fellow aliens? Defeat burglars with telekinesis? Something much more cool than what I can come up with...
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 5th Oct 2019 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I can't find the alien token. The link redirects to some discernment mirrors. I downloaded those, but I don't see anything called alien token.

Alien token file is included with base game version of mirror. If you want your Sim to be recognised as alien, you have to use "Change alien status" option on sd's mirror.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Well, it turns out that I don't have Theo's mod, so I have no idea what's unlocking my alien eyes for all skintones.

I think it might be creaturefixes? I seem to recall reading somewhere that that separated the alien eyes and skin so you could also have sims with regular skin and alien eyes. Aliens have often given birth to kids like that in my game.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#71 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 10:37 PM
No, creaturefixes is not the same thing as Theo's Eyes Fix. There's a glitch with an unmodded game where, I believe teens cannot have alien eyes. So they'll be born with dark eyes, then grow up into teen and have regular eyes, and then hit YA and have alien eyes again. Separating the eyes, or creating alien-looking contacts is completely different.

I DO have Theo's Eyes Fix, but I don't have the first clue to go about uploading and sharing them. If anybody wants them and can tell me how to send them to you, I'll be happy to share. Perhaps I should offer to donate them to the Graveyard. Problem is, the graveyard is SO SLOW and wonky, i often forget about it.

Anyhoo... willing to share.

-gE
>=)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#72 Old 10th Oct 2019 at 10:08 PM
I think I'd fix aliens by adding an NPC Giorgio Tsoukalos, aka the "Ancient Aliens guy". He'd be like Rod Humble, only he'd wander around talking about aliens, and if you talked to him about travels, he would respond with chat bubbles about rockets, space, exschra tereschrieals (as he pronounces it), stars and the cosmos. That's all he would talk about... and he'd be a grilled cheese aspiration, cuz that just seems like him. And if you asked him any questions, his answer would be "Aliens".

Do you like what you see? ALIENS!
What are your interests? ALIENS!
What are your fears? ALIENS!
What's your sign? ALIENS!
What turns you on? ALIENS
What are your skills? ALIENS!
How much money do you have? ALIENS!
What do you want? To be abducted by ALIENS!

Maybe he could drive around in that rickety old carpool car, that comes on the lowest employment level, and have the bonus skill, kinda like the enthusiasm skill, to talk about aliens and instruct others in aliens, so he could talk about them, while everybody else sat around and listened. This way, you could have your very own AlienCon!

Could this extraordinary addition to sims gameplay be the key to our ancestors' interest in simulation games?
Ancient astronaut theorists say, YES!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#73 Old 10th Oct 2019 at 11:45 PM
We should have interviewed the aliens from area 51 when we got the chance to raid it. Modders, or inviting over aliens themselves with their intelligience to fix the Sim Aliens in the game.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 5:38 PM Last edited by grammapat : 11th Oct 2019 at 7:56 PM.
Default I stand corrected
Quote: Originally posted by Meduza
Alien token file is included with base game version of mirror. If you want your Sim to be recognised as alien, you have to use "Change alien status" option on sd's mirror.

==========
"Alien" as a thing (as in likes/dislikes) was made by Maxis to mean they had to have Maxis-alien skin and eyes. But I have dozens of "alien" eyes and skins! So this will be a great thing to make other Sims recognize them as "aliens"!
================
CORRECTION: although other people are saying other things, I am going with SophieDavid, who has done such in-depth work in the area; the Alien Trait is set by Maxis via THEIR alien skin, and nothing else. Thankfully, his mirrors (2 different downloads) have the option to give this trait to the "aliens" I create with my MANY CC skins!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Theorist
#75 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 8:38 PM
I think I'd fix aliens by adding an NPC Giorgio Tsoukalos, aka the "Ancient Aliens guy". He'd be like Rod Humble, only he'd wander around talking about aliens, and if you talked to him about travels, he would respond with chat bubbles about rockets, space, exschra tereschrieals (as he pronounces it), stars and the cosmos. That's all he would talk about... and he'd be a grilled cheese aspiration, cuz that just seems like him. And if you asked him any questions, his answer would be "Aliens".

If Maxis had put that into the game, the only result would be people making a mod to remove him We already have the literal, Biblical, "Abomination that Causeth Desolation" to content with (the Mr. Humble Sim) why give him a friend/accomplice?

Though I wouldn't mind Sims who get abducted getting Grilled-Cheese like options and wants focused on aliens "Talk about Aliens" "Blog about Aliens" "Talk about Abduction" "Serve Alien Mashed Potato statue" as an option at the fridge.

Page 3 of 4