Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 11:35 PM
Default Race default skins
Help, I'm trying to do a visual novel of WWII and it's be easier to have default skin packs I can change out for each country like Germany, Japan, etc... (I plan on starting new game for each) so I don't have to create or edit each NPC/person, I have the clothing issue taking care of with a drawer MOD. any links or information on how I could create my own would be appreciated! TIA
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 5:05 PM
You would use Skininator to make skin tones (the color texture of the skin) and to made default replacements of the face and body details (shading and features in the skin). What you want to do is complicated by the way TS4 puts skins together - there's the grayscale face/body texture with details, an optional grayscale face/body overlay, grayscale face overlays for all the facial presets, and the color image, which all get composited together. In order to have NPCs who all look a particular ethnicity you'd probably have to replace all of the face preset overlays.

I think there are some mods that replace the face overlays you could use as a base and just replace all the textures with the ones you want.

Now you've brought it up I'm thinking of updating Skininator to find the face overlays and package them for default replacements.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4