Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 12:20 PM Last edited by pahtrick : 21st Jul 2019 at 11:15 PM.
Default {Solved} Female bottom mesh disappears when selecting masculine top?
Helloo,

I recently made my first meshes for the Sims 4. They're just simple edits of ymTail_EP07FinTwo and yfTail_EP07FinTwo, but still, yay!
I am however running into a problem with the edit of yfTail_EP07FinTwo, whenever I create a female sim using it and then give her a masculine top, while she has a feminine physical frame, the bottom mesh (the tail) disappears. When I delete the top, using the little x, the tail reappers... I've tried messing around with the settings of the cas part to see if I missed anything, but nothing seems to fix it. Did I miss a step somewhere? The male version works as should, in both frames.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (:
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 5:05 PM
I would check the Opposite Gender Part in the CASP, which should have the instance ID of the corresponding male tail. I don't know for sure if that would resolve the problem but it's worth looking at.

The basic problem is that the female waist is higher than the male waist so when you combine a male top mesh with a female bottom mesh you get overlap which the game tries to resolve by switching to a corresponding male bottom. In this case my theory is that if it can't find one the bottom disappears. Here's EA's documentation on this issue, also explaining why female top/male bottom does not create the same problem:

"Mixing Male and Female Tops and Bottoms

The male top geometry is lower than the female top geometry at the waist. And similarly the male bottom geometry is lower than the female’s at the waist. This means mixing the two will either cause a gap (when using female top and male bottom) or an overlap (when using male top and female bottom).
-- The gap is corrected with the addition of an extra piece of geometry the fills the gap and uses the “stitch” data added to each part to weld the vertices together so that there is no seam.
-- The overlap is most likely to occur with skintight male tops paired with female bottoms and may result in the top and bottom geometry intersecting. The solution for Maxis authored content is primarily to author male versions of female pants and use the new mOppositeGenderPart field in the CAS Part resource to pair the two assets. Custom Content creators may want to do the same, or pay special attention to this combination when authoring their content to ensure it looks acceptable."

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 11:15 PM
Thank you!
It was indeed the opposite gender part (: