Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 6:23 PM
Default Convenience Store Home Business
As #8 in Carrer de Hebra, I wanted to build a convenience store where Sims can live and operate it. Thanks to Residential Shopping I was able to build it. Now I'm unsure how I'm meant to operate it, since NPC's come in but don't buy anything.

(Not sure if this is the right thread, posted it here since it's about a lot that I'm working on)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 7:33 PM
Not entirely sure if the original NL/BG items work together with the OFB functions. You could try setting up shelves with CC food on them, and see if sims are more likely to buy this. Setting up a ticket machine and some things NPCs can do may also be an idea.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 9:52 PM
Have you marked all goods (groceries, magazines & so on) for sale? It's necessary for owned business lots.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Influence
Have you marked all goods (groceries, magazines & so on) for sale? It's necessary for owned business lots.

I'm not sure how, since I'm using the Base Game food displays (Freezers and fruit shelves and stuff like that).
If I mark them, then the displays themselves go on sale.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 1:04 PM Last edited by Influence : 20th Aug 2019 at 2:25 PM.
Quote:

Not displays but its goods. At least it works this way for community business, not sure about yours. But it won't hurt trying.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Influence
Not displays but its goods. At least it works this way for community business, not sure about yours. But it won't hurt trying.

How exactly would I do that?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 12:22 PM
This button. Click to object with it and it will be marked yellow which means it was put to sale.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#8 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Not entirely sure if the original NL/BG items work together with the OFB functions.

Quote: Originally posted by WatermelonSandal

Until I made the jump to UC, I played for a long time with expansions only up to OFB. So I can say from experience that OFB definitely made it possible for all BG/Uni/NL items to work properly when set for sale, including not just the BG grocery displays (which when set for sale will cause sims to buy groceries, not the displays themselves) but also bookcases (sims buy books out of them, not the shelves) and the Uni gadget kiosk (sims buy a random gadget---mobile phone, handheld gaming device, or MP3 player---out of them, not the kiosks themselves).

This has equally been my experience with the UC---which I played with no mods for some time before installing any, just to see how it worked vanilla.

The button that Influence points out should properly allow setting any of those kinds of displays for sale (of the stock within). You can check whether a display actually has been set to sell its items by hovering over it---it should show you the price that stock in the display will now sell for.

It's pretty common that players think their shop isn't working when it's just that NPCs see nothing set for sale and so don't/can't buy anything. Let us know if this doesn't fix it!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 3:08 PM Last edited by WatermelonSandal : 26th Aug 2019 at 9:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
Until I made the jump to UC, I played for a long time with expansions only up to OFB. So I can say from experience that OFB definitely made it possible for all BG/Uni/NL items to work properly when set for sale, including not just the BG grocery displays (which when set for sale will cause sims to buy groceries, not the displays themselves) but also bookcases (sims buy books out of them, not the shelves) and the Uni gadget kiosk (sims buy a random gadget---mobile phone, handheld gaming device, or MP3 player---out of them, not the kiosks themselves).

This has equally been my experience with the UC---which I played with no mods for some time before installing any, just to see how it worked vanilla.

The button that Influence points out should properly allow setting any of those kinds of displays for sale (of the stock within). You can check whether a display actually has been set to sell its items by hovering over it---it should show you the price that stock in the display will now sell for.

It's pretty common that players think their shop isn't working when it's just that NPCs see nothing set for sale and so don't/can't buy anything. Let us know if this doesn't fix it!

Thanks, It seems to be working.

UPDATE: You can download this lot here
Screenshots