Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
This is related so I hope you don't mind my asking people here who play with a lot of jealousy/cheating... does anyone know a way I can turn on jealousy just for one sim? I love no-jealousy-at-all for the game, but there's just one I'd like to act that way if possible.

===
ACR for everyone!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
===
ACR for everyone!

No, I've tried it a couple times and just don't like it. Way too much set up for my taste. I like my one tiny no jealousy mod and the occasional auto waterbed. I might just make him furious with all the right people if there are no other suggestions.
Inventor
#28 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 8:34 PM
The closest I've been able to find is either: http://modthesims.info/d/60241 or http://modthesims.info/d/75284 . The second is just a re-edit of the first to remove some custom sounds that apparently caused problems for some people. Maybe Chris Hatch has something? Outside of ACR, though, I don't think I've heard of a mod that handles jealousy on an individual level.

I get where you're coming from in terms of ACR set-up. To take full advantage of it does require a lot of poking around and tweaking. I got so tired of redoing certain settings, I ended up editing BCONs so that the mod would always default to my preferred settings.
Alchemist
#29 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
The closest I've been able to find is either: http://modthesims.info/d/60241 or http://modthesims.info/d/75284 . The second is just a re-edit of the first to remove some custom sounds that apparently caused problems for some people. Maybe Chris Hatch has something? Outside of ACR, though, I don't think I've heard of a mod that handles jealousy on an individual level.

I get where you're coming from in terms of ACR set-up. To take full advantage of it does require a lot of poking around and tweaking. I got so tired of redoing certain settings, I ended up editing BCONs so that the mod would always default to my preferred settings.

Good suggestions, but seem to be lot-based? InSim does that, too, I think. I'm wondering if a trait might be the way to go....
Forum Resident
#30 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 9:09 PM
Most of my sims are faithful, but sometimes I do it based on their wants. Or sometimes because it seems like the sim's circumstances might affect it. Nathan & Mary Gavigan were the worst. He cheated, they fought, she cheated back in retaliation, they fought, endless cycle. Until eventually they could cheat right in front of each other and the other didn't care at all. Still, they stayed together. Their son (Isaiah), having grown up in this mess, went on to cheat on his wife. They stayed together - until he had an unfortunate pool 'accident' and died, that is. Everyone suspected his wife, but there wasn't enough proof to indict her. Their son (Immanuel) also cheated on his wife a few times. They fought each time she caught him. When she got pregnant, she gave him an ultimatum and he hasn't cheated since. Other sims never get caught. I had a couple of married sims have an affair with each other (they had been college sweethearts). They ended the affair before their spouses found out. It just depends on the situation, wants, personalities, aspirations, etc. There are no rules, per se.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
My game can keep score and the average number of partners for my adult sims is 77, with highest now over 640.
There's normally no jealousy on the island of New Desconia, but I think Joel Ferguson might get just a little jealous when he reads that. Joel is my champion lover. Still a teen, he's now permaplat, having already achieved his custom LTW of 30 loves at once. The island colony's founders, Desmond and Cony, invited him to a weekend party at their house Abode d'Amour to celebrate his achievement. While there I believe he added one or two more lovers to his total. But Joel doesn't how he can compete with Chris's Sim: He has the same problem as Camryn Cooke.
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
I'm actually starting to run into a little bit of trouble fulfilling [Camryn Cooke's] wants, as the hood doesn't have that many playables or townies for her to sift through for lovers.
Joel lives on a tiny island with only 26 other playables and 30 townies. He's already in love with over half of them! There isn't room on the island to build houses for many more -- certainly not for 640!

New Desconia is the most extreme example, but I have quite a lot of Romance Sims in all my 'hoods, and many of them live like that. I suppose it's a bit like Sunrader's:I play with aging off and many Romance Sims live in polyamorous, not to say promiscuous, relationships, where there is effectively no jealousy. But I don't use the no-jealousy-at-all mod. I just use Pescado's Romance Mod, and make sure that Sims who are going to participate in open relationships have suitable personalities: Romance or Pleasure aspiration, and Outgoing + Playful + Nice must add up to 15 or more. Generally it works quite well.

Other Sims meanwhile have more normal monogamous relationships, and they can feel jealousy. However I like my 'hoods to be harmonious, and actual cheating is rare. I generally encourage my more promiscuous Sims to have their fun with like-minded Romance and Pleasure Sims, and leave their more conventional neighbours in peace. However I always play with free will on, and occasionally (as Donald Rumsfeld notoriously once put it) "stuff happens." I really don't like divorce, so, when stuff does happen, I usually would try to help them to seek some sort of reconciliation. If children are involved, I think their wellbeing must be paramount.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 3:58 AM Last edited by Diovanlestat : 6th Sep 2019 at 4:44 AM. Reason: THh
It's just about all I do, I made it so in my game sims don't get any more 'Had an Affair' memories once they have twenty, its no longer a memorable event. My game can keep score and the average number of partners for my adult sims is 77, with highest now over 640.

That should come with a warning. i got laughter pains. Not one cockroach or burned pancakes in your world
I play with ACR. I like to play with stereotypes and contrasting sims. She's a headmistress type. No sense of humour, mean, obsessed with cleaning. Her husband is a lazy slob, romantic, flirtatious. I wanted a divorce. Instead every morning she looks at the dirty bathroom and hates him with all her might. Then one goodbye kiss and and goose later (autonomy) she's in love and happy again. I never could get him to cheat, he wasn't interested. No point manufacturing drama, these sims have their own tales to tell if you care to listen
Mad Poster
#33 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 6:46 AM
It's just about all I do, I made it so in my game sims don't get any more 'Had an Affair' memories once they have twenty, its no longer a memorable event. My game can keep score and the average number of partners for my adult sims is 77, with highest now over 640.

I don't even have that many sims in my hoods.

I wish that there was a better word for promiscuous female sims than slut. Slut has such a horribly negative association. https://www.theguardian.com/comment...en-being-female

Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
There's normally no jealousy on the island of New Desconia, but I think Joel Ferguson might get just a little jealous when he reads that. Joel is my champion lover. Still a teen, he's now permaplat, having already achieved his custom LTW of 30 loves at once. The island colony's founders, Desmond and Cony, invited him to a weekend party at their house Abode d'Amour to celebrate his achievement. While there I believe he added one or two more lovers to his total. But Joel doesn't how he can compete with Chris's Sim: He has the same problem as Camryn Cooke.Joel lives on a tiny island with only 26 other playables and 30 townies. He's already in love with over half of them! There isn't room on the island to build houses for many more -- certainly not for 640!

I'm surprised. From what I've heard of him I thought that Jack Gill would be the one with the highest numbers (I always feel a bit sorry for poor Ravi).

Quote: Originally posted by Diovanlestat
That should come with a warning. i got laughter pains. Not one cockroach or burned pancakes in your world

No time for cooking? Wish I could live on takeaways and still be healthy. XD
Instructor
#34 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 11:26 AM
It depends on the couple, story, family situation etc etc. See I play a little bit more subtle when it comes to my gameplay, it is why character stories or neighbourhood stories in my game always take so long.

For example, take one of my current couples Marissa and Carlos Andreas. Before they had their first daughter Eliana, they were all over each other, they would go on lots of date nights and they both were super outgoing (both are on a scale of 8), with Carlos being super playful (8) which counter balanced Marissa's seriousness (1). Then they welcomed thier first daughter, and things were still okay they had their pets (Carlos is a pet breeder) and their home which they were just about getting by with. Then Marissa's cousin Corbin held a party and Carlos was introduced to Bella Chapman, and there was an instant attraction but Carlos never played on her at the time because he and Marissa was good, they were happy.

Then Marissa and Carlos welcomed twins, and that is when things started to change; Marissa's automony for woohoo went down (set to very low) while Carlos's automony was still very high. Marissa was more worried about their financial situation, while Carlos wanted things back to the way things were, and because Carlos's automony was high he was always the one that had to initiate woohoo or flirts, Marissa didn't.Then Carlos's friend Mathew Picaso (whom ironically also had an affair with his nurse Ricki Lang behind Jesscia's back, but ultimately married Ricki and they have 3 children together...but that was a whole other mess) held a party and Carlos bumped into Bella again.

They got to chatting, and when Matthew influnced Carlos to appericate and joke with Bella, crushes were had and best friends were acheived which resulted in ACR kicking in and them flirting together at the party. Although they had originally flirted at Corbin's party, it was just really light flirts, at Matthew's party there were full blown flirting and even a kiss was shared.

Funny enough, the next day Carlos rolled a want to learn couples counselling and unbeknown to me Marissa and Carlos had lost thier best friends tags; they were still in love and somewhat friends but there are currently going through a dry spell which means that they haven't gone on any outings together, or dates or haven't woohooed with each other. In fact the last time they had woohooed was when they got pregnant with the twins, and maybe 1 other time after they were born.

Right now Carlos hasn't woohooed with Bella, but he does want to, he keeps wanting to talk to Bella, and every now and then a pop up in his thoughts are Bella. So right now in my mind, he is having an emotional affair which hasn't gotten physical yet but time will tell, and once they are in a room alone together ACR will probably kick in.

BTW - Bella is a romance sim, and she is happily playing the field while also staying focus on her career.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 4:24 PM
Just like NewSimgirl2011 said, it depends on the couple, family situation etc.
Over the 5 years I play the Sims 2, the only couple that got divorced were (no surprises here!) Daniel and Mary Sue Pleasant. And that happenned only once, the very first time I played them when I didn't exactly know how the game is played. All the other times I manage to keep them together, despite the fact that Daniel always has his little affairs here and there.

That changed in my current... mini-megahood (lol!), where the main hood is Pleasantview with Riverside, Bluewater Village and Downtown as subhoods. Daniel and Mary Sue are still together and happy but the couple that split up is Don and Sarah Baxter, just because Don is an idiot (but I love him, lol!) and he never learns his lesson and I can't pop in and save him every freaking time!
You know how, when the game starts for this family they are in the middle of a fight and they kind of hate each other because Don cheated on Sarah with his high school sweetheart Dina Ross, during his son's birthday party. The game is just starting, they don't have a lot of aspiration points and Sarah has a (iirc) 5000 points fear of breaking up with Don. So, I kept them together. It was hard because for almost the whole week of their rotation, she didn't even want to talk to him and she didn't want him to talk to her. There was no love or even frienship between them and he had to sleep on a single bed in their "guest house" (the little house behind the pool!). But he was trying and finally he did it. They became friends again and then he managed to make her love him again (not that she didn't want to...) and the last day of their round, he got her pregnant too!
The following week I played Dina Ross. She got a job (her LTW) in the Dancing career and the on first night she wanted to woohoo so I sent her out to Downtown. A couple of days later, on her day-off work, she got a call from Don asking her out and since she had a want for public woohoo, I sent them to the Crypt O'Night Club. To my ultimate horror, when the taxi stopped outside the club, along with Don and Dina, Sarah, their son, Sarah's father and her siblings came out of it too! So, it was not a date, it was the first night outing that Dina was not available to have, during the previous days.
You see why I'm saying that the guy is a complete idiot? He invited out his lover, his wife, his son and his in-laws all together! Only in the Sims those kind of things happen! As the night went on, I tried to protect his marriage the best way I could. Despite his efforts to talk and flirt with Dina, I kept canceling those interactions and, instead, I was sending her to talk with other guys but at some point I got bored and angry and I conviced myself that whatever was going to happen, I 'd let it. At some point he and Sarah woohooed in the photo booth and everyone was cheering for them. Dina, as a Romance sim (and with ACR in my game) was perfectly OK with that, she cheered for them too and then she tried to talk to a townie guy. Don interrupted them and invite her in the photo booth right in front Sarah's eyes. Of cource they woohooed, Sarah got furius and the moment they got out of the booth, she slapped Dina and afterwards she attacked her (or tried to attack her!). Dina won the fight because she has 6 or 7 body skill level. After that, Sarah was chasing Don all around the club, slapping him ferociously. Their poor son was running after them, crying the whole time. I realized that the whole situation had gone too far and I sent Dina home.
When I went back to the Baxter family again, Sarah was still furious with Don but she had a fear of breaking up with him again. I made her face her fear and divorce him because even if I went through the whole ordeal to reconcile them again, the next time he would be inactive, I know he would cheat again. I can't control him and save him every freaking time! So, now he lives in an apartement block in Pleasantview, he is happy, he reached the top of his career and his LTW (Rock God), he woohooes with every woman he meets but every 2-3 days he rolls wants to call and talk to his sons (the child Sarah got pregnant with, at the end of their first round is also a boy!). The problem is that his last woman/target is... Virgina Thompson (Sarah's sister!). I don't know yet if I'll let him be with her too.

Now, I face a differnt situation with another married couple and I have no idea what I am going to do with them. Liza Ramirez has an affair with Jack Thompson, Sarah's brother. I always considered Jack a very quiet, kind of geeky guy who didn't care about anything else except his career (Scientist) and his games hobby. I gave him a make over for the first time and he became a totaly different sim (lol!), all he needed was new hair (by Hysterical Paroxysm!), eyebrows and clothes and now he is... hot!!! So, when his sister Virginia, got a call from Nina Caliente for an outing, I sent Jack to go with them. Of cource Jack didn't care about the Caliente sisters or Claire Santiago (Virginia's friends), he sat alone at the bar and I... forgot about him. Only the next day, I saw in his memories and in his relationships panel that he had met Liza and they were already friends. He started to roll wants to talk her on the phone at first and then he wanted to invite her over. When I went to play the Ramirez family, Liza had the same wants and during the following rounds they started to meet at Jack's house. Now Liza is pregnant (ACR's risky woohoo) and I have no idea what I'm going to do with this... triangle (Checo has no idea yet!). Time will tell...
Mad Poster
#36 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 2:16 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 12th Sep 2019 at 8:56 PM. Reason: Little Typo!
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I'm surprised. From what I've heard of him I thought that Jack Gill would be the one with the highest numbers (I always feel a bit sorry for poor Ravi).
Jack Gill and Joel Ferguson live in different 'hoods. Joel lives in New Desconia, which is populated entirely by young Romance Sims who are ok with open relationships. It is an escapist 'hood that I set up in early 2014, when I thought that Veronaville had serious corruption. To live in New Desconia you must be a young Romance Sim with at least 8 Nice points. In addition your Outgoing + Playful + Nice points must add up to at least 15 (that's Pescado's rule for the Romance Mod to accept open relationships). So just about everyone that Joel meets is a potential lover, and Joel takes full advantage of it. Joel started life as a townie, but long ago moved in with a very shy Sim called David Turner, after teaching David how to enjoy gay woohoo.

Jack lives in Veronaville (downtown Veronaville to be precise), and is probably the champion lover there. Some think that Jack is a bit of a rogue, but he's always a lovable rogue. He can play tricks on Sims, like persuading Kent Capp to buy (and wear) a turquoise hairpiece, but I'm pretty sure he's never really hurt another Sim. Jack is actually quite careful about his relationships; he won't kiss you or make out with you until he knows you're ok with him kissing and making out with other boys. He doesn't ever want to end up like the Cornton brothers, who have both had to fight boys who were once their lovers. So all Jack's romantic affairs take place within a fairly small group of promiscuous teenage boys who live in and around Veronaville. I think he's got about 7 regular partners at present. (Harry Hastie, Dean Cameron, Joe Lambert, David and Gordon Cornton, Ravi's half brother Don Ng, and of course Ravi himself.) I recently added a couple of new gay Romance teens, and I'll probably add one or two more eventually. And there a couple of children who are likely to join them one day. So Jack has a realistic chance of getting to 10 or more concurrent lovers, but he's never going to be in a position to seriously challenge Joel -- far less Jessica Rabbit (Chris's Sim).

Ah Ravi! I don't think he ever feels sorry for himself. He still feels so grateful to the set of promiscuous gay boys who accepted him and made him feel loved. And especially to Jack who invited him in to share his lovely little home. Of course Ravi more than returns the love of everyone who has shown love to him. But if he's honest with you (and Ravi always tries to be honest), Jack is really special to him. The best nights are when nobody else stays the night, and he and Jack have the house to themselves. Ravi is never happier than when snuggled up in bed with Jack. Ravi also has the unusual good sense not to try to change Jack; he loves him the way he is, wandering eye and all. "If Jack didn't love other boys, he wouldn't be Jack!"

Ravi takes his open relationship with Jack seriously. He has romantic relationships with other boys primarily because he knows Jack wants him to, but he makes a very real effort to genuinely love those boys; his sense of his own integrity wouldn't allow him to do otherwise. An example of this was when he initiated woohoo with Gordon Cornton, to help the latter regain his self confidence after another boyfriend (Charlie Benson) had rejected Gordon and attacked him. All in all Ravi is one of the most likeable, loveable even, Sims in my whole game. He genuinely seems to be the Pleasure Sim who likes to give pleasure to others. I've recently noticed his regular support of the Welcome Wagon movement, as he turns up in far-flung sub-hoods to welcome newcomers to the Veronaville area. I think he's the only teen who is a really regular Welcome Wagon visitor.

I don't even have that many sims in my hoods.
Me neither! That's why none of my Sims will ever be serious rivals to Jessica Rabbit. There are over 400 Sims in Veronaville, but that's only by counting all the dead ancestors. Jack definitely isn't interested in necrophilia!

I wish that there was a better word for promiscuous female sims than slut. Slut has such a horribly negative association. https://www.theguardian.com/comment...en-being-female
I heartily agree! The words we use for promiscuous males aren't very complimentary, but the ones for females are infinitely worse. I do wish someone could think of a better one.

Somehow playing The Sims seems to have made me a much more tolerant person than I used to be. I suspect some of it is Peni's influence, but I've got a lot of my new found tolerance from my Sims themselves. I like to see the good in everyone. I'm sure Jessica Rabbit is really a beautiful person in every sense of the word. Think of all the pleasure she's given to the 640 Sims she's had woohoo with. (If it's Chris's all-female 'hood, I suspect they were all female!) I think she deserves kindness and respect -- not condemnation. So I'm certainly not going to condemn her. :lovestruc

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Inventor
#37 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Good suggestions, but seem to be lot-based? InSim does that, too, I think. I'm wondering if a trait might be the way to go....

I thought I had replied, but I guess I didn't! Yeah, they seem to be lot-based. A trait might work out better, in lieu of a standalone mod that handles jealousy on an individual level.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
To live in New Desconia you must be a young Romance Sim with at least 8 Nice points.

I hope no one gets kicked out when they get old. XD Eventually you could have the retirement village of everyone's dreams lol.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 1:30 AM
I hope no one gets kicked out when they get old. XD Eventually you could have the retirement village of everyone's dreams lol.

But it's AndrewGloria: his sims don't get old!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#40 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
But it's AndrewGloria: his sims don't get old!
Especially not in New Desconia! I think they've discovered the Elixir of Youth there. It's an island paradise for young Romance Sims. Nearly all of them are teens. And most of them are gay -- or bi. Desmond and Cony, the colony's founders say that their recipe for eternal youth is that everybody loves each other. And love each other they do -- in the street, in the park, in the nightclubs, in the restaurant, in the hot tub, on the sofa, in bed . . . in fact just about everywhere you can think of.

Extra-marital affairs? Desmond and Cony have two double beds in their marital bedroom -- so they can "entertain" their friends.

I wonder if Jessica Rabbit lives in a place a bit like that.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#41 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 8:20 PM
I use a concatenation of mods, but ACR is the final overiding one. (I can't stand the "You, my brother's affair partner, are cheating on him by flirting with someone else" behavior. Be mad at the right sims, dang it! So that's gone.) My sims will have affairs if they really want to, and they'll face whatever the consequences are of their choices. Some of them have open relationships, some are sneaking around behind their spouses' backs. It gets messy and dramatic, and occasionally downright nuts. For story purposes, it's excellent.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Page 2 of 2