Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2019 at 1:10 AM
Default Adding sound to Imitate Pet interaction, help
I enabled children to do the toddlers interaction 'Imitate pet'. Followed a tutorial on how to add sounds to animations and it still won't work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. : / The tutorial says 'set the time code on when the sound should start playing, FE: 0.5 ; 1 ; 1.2 etc.…"
How can I know the exact time an animation starts?

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2019 at 10:46 PM
Hey! An animation always starts at time 0.0. Adding sounds is fairly straight forward and you can do it either with Sims4Studio or S4PE. One thing to remember when doing it with S4S is that you might need to edit both the Clip and the Clip Header. Here's a tutorial I wrote for adding events to animations.
Don't worry about the theme of the blog, it's safe for work to read it: https://wickedwhims.tumblr.com/post...s-to-animations
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2019 at 12:59 AM
Thank you! I read your tutorial and it still doesn't work. : / The sound names I'm using are vo_toddler_imitatepet_cat_clean, vo_toddler_imitatepet_cat_meow, vo_toddler_imitatepet_dog_bark, so on
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Nov 2019 at 1:32 PM
@TURBODRIVER Could you take a look at my package file? : )
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 9:45 PM
Hey again, I was just thinking about this topic today and that I could have asked to look at the PACKAGE file instead. Send it in here, I can't guarantee I will be able to spot it, but it's the easiest way to find the problem.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 1:59 PM
@TURBODRIVER Thanks! Here's the clip animation package file. Would you need the mod package file too?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Imitate Pet anim.zip (371.6 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 12:19 PM
Everything looks fine to me. I've never experimented enough with sounds to know, but it could be that "Audio Vocal" sounds are limited by age. There are two main types of sounds, Effects and Vocals. I would assume vocals come with additional flags that are adjusted to how you can manipulate Sims voice type and pitch, and these flags might limit their use. On top of it, there are no real tools for editing these, both S4PE and S4S won't read them. I think you're out of luck.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Nov 2019 at 6:40 PM
I submitted the mod the way it is anyways : ). Some modder might know how to add voice sounds.