Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 3:29 AM Last edited by Rafael! : 27th Dec 2020 at 10:24 PM.
Default Driveable Cars
Are driveable cars in Sims 4 doable?

Take a look:

You see what I see? A sims sit in a car, drives down the road. Too good to be true. In fact it´s not real. I just prepared the images with some simple tricks.

I know several people, discussed that before. Is it doable? Yes and no for many reasons. A Sims leaves home, hop in a car and drive away. Still my dream. The Sims 4 don´t offer excellent car animations, like The Sims 2. A lot happens in Part 4 by fast travel. I see animated cars, driving down the road day and night.

What if we use these cars? Manipulate the animation. My idea: A sims has to travel to a different town. Calls a car on the phone. Leaves home vanish, and reappears in a car dash off. Or let it be a cab. The cab stops at the house. The sims leaves home, vanish and appears inside the car drives away.

Question: Is my idea doable or not?

P.s. Replacing the animated cars, with other models is not a big deal as anyone can see.

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 9:59 PM
Totally doable if that's all you're asking for. The question is, who wants to put all that work into this for basically a fancy animation of a Sim disappearing into a rabbit hole or traveling. Don't get me wrong, it would be amazing, probably not even that hard, except a lot of work to figure out where the car pulls up, "animating" it, and overriding the base game functionality. Additionally, some lots cannot be reached with a car, so should the Sim walk to the nearby road or leave like normal?
Theorist
#3 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 12:55 PM
@Rafael! Hehe. Remember, Sims 2 is having just lots while Sims 4 is having a districts! Guess whole drive animation could last even to district borders. I hope it's doable but would need some core scripts.
The problem of distant lots were kindly solved in Sims 3, where cars were moved to inventory. I find that's nice.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 11:33 PM Last edited by Rafael! : 12th Nov 2019 at 4:34 AM.
TURBODRIVER

Right nearly nothing is impossible. A car mod could be a big win for the community. Rabbit holes or not. The game need more realism. It looks like there are quite a lot of fans out there, who request driveable cars including me. That´s what I read over the years, in different threads. I have serious doubts, EA will ever achieve that goal. The guys are simply too lazy. It´s up to us again, we could finish the job once and for all. I wonder if Sims 2 - 3 vehicle animations, are easy to implement right into Sims 4? Hm easy or hard job good question? I don´t know enough about it. Good point! Some lots are impossible to reach. Got a idea, "impossible lots" don´t appear on the list for any driver. The only way a player has, is still fast travel. Or drive to a closer lot, and walk the rest.

Victor_tor

Sure districts but it ain´t impossible. The Sims 2 animations are excellent! But I don´t ask for too much. The way how you drive cars in Sims 3, would do the trick. You force the character 'drive to the city.' The Sims vanish reappears, in a car on the road drives away. Good idea the car could remain in the inventory, until the Sims drives back home. Or you travel by plane. Had some ideas about different 'vehicles' 2016. I uploaded a video:

https://vimeo.com/371054501
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 2:36 PM
Soo I noticed that Esmeralda had this FANTASTIC idea, about driveable motorbikes even with sound!! Try the link:
http://modthesims.info/d/635798/rid...dification.html
It looks brilliant in her video. Awesome!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy0...eature=emb_logo
But even if many people request driveable cars, for the road over the years. It will never be done I´m afraid.