Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 2:01 AM
Default In Testing: Improved "Stop Inviting yourself in!"
After many moons I finally experienced the problem reported on "Stop inviting yourself in!" where sims who were BFFs of family members but not necessarily with 10 outgoing points still invited themselves in. I've found a suspicious-looking social interaction called "Greet - BFF Far Away" which marks the second sim as greeted and is only available to sims acting autonomously to use on their BFFs. There does appear to be an animation associated with it, but I don't know what it is - however, there appears to be a clause in it that, if the two sims involved can't see each other, it just marks the second sim as greeted and exits, without actually pushing the social interaction and thus triggering the animation, so it's entirely possible for this to happen with no indication of it to the player. So I've made this social interaction completely unavailable in the hopes that that was the problem and now this will stop happening. However, this is hard to test, since you just have to wait to see if it happens again. So, I figured I would post this here to get more feedback from people with more BFFs in their neighborhoods.

This doesn't contain the change from "Stop inviting yourself in!" so you will still need that one to fend off sims with 10 outgoing points. Use this hack in addition to that one, and let me know if it seems to be solving the BFF problem or not.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  nohomeinvasionpart2.zip (387 Bytes, 76 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 10:23 AM
Well, I have downloaded both mods and everything is working great. I tried many situations and so far only one sim sneaked in but it was off-world loiterer by phone. Game seems to have AI because when first weeks were very quiet then last couple days it started to send BFFs ring doorbells almost every day. Now I can choose if I greet them or not. Thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 10:22 PM
Great, thanks! Sorry, I don't always remember to check this forum.