Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2019 at 4:42 AM
Default S4 Laundry Day 4T2 Conversions
Hello. This is my very first time offering a creation for feedback here at MTS. I am very new to making conversions like this, but I think these are going to be good enough to share here. I have UC and I used it for this project. The items included and clone sources are:

S4 Laundry Day Stuff DIY Sink / S2BG Simple Sink
S4 Laundry Day Stuff LaundryMaid Galvinized Bucket / S2BG? The Measure of A Sim Statue
S4 Laundry Day Stuff Dabra Detergent / S2BG? The Measure of A Sim Statue

I know that some of these items could be repositoried or have coloring subsets made, but that is beyond my abilities at this point. I am very new to meshing projects, but I have to start somewhere. I don't want to wait to share until I can "do everything." The items, as far as I can tell, are on par with most of what is available in terms of 4T2 conversions. I made them for my own game and I do play so I was careful to make sure they work in game, the sink has a proper dirty state and works ok with the animations I was able to test. If someone could wash a baby in one and tell me how that goes, that would be a big help. The items are appropriate vis-a-vis price and environment score. I tried to make the file names consistent and easy to understand so if you don't want them all, they are easy to weed out. All of the original colors are here, as are the original in-game names, prices, and descriptions. The files are all compressorized.

Please take a look at them and tell me what you think. I really appreciate you taking the time to read my post. I would be very happy indeed if you could point out any areas that I can improve either in these files or in the future. Definitively let me know if there are any big problems encountered. I checked and made sure the items they are cloned from are placeable in-game with these items in the downloads folder. I used the hash generator method for assigning the GUIDs. My plan is to fix up the files first, then put together a submission that I also plan to submit here for pre-review.

I hope you like what you see. I can't tell you how thrilled I was to see sims washing their hands and getting a drink from a sink I had converted. Woot! It really was a big accomplishment for me. Thanks again for reading. I look forward to hearing from you about these soon.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2019 at 4:47 AM
Default The files I meant to attach
Oops! Here are the files.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  JessB66 4T2 S4 Laundry Day Stuff.zip (2.04 MB, 34 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Nov 2019 at 8:42 PM
Is this an active forum? Does anyone ever look at the stuff people post here any more?

The things I made for Laundry Day Stuff are available here https://onedrive.live.com/?id=root&cid=4931183CF86A24E5

The related Tumblr posts are here https://www.tumblr.com/blog/jessb66ssimbr

I had very much wanted to share them on MTS, but as I wanted to get some feedback about the items and then about my submission in this forum first. When nobody responded here I created a tumblr to distribute my work, which I haven't been able to get any feedback on. I would really like to get feedback on what I create and to distribute my stuff on MTS. I'm afraid to submit my things here because I fear they would be rejected and my feelings would be hurt, particularly if I am not told why or what I can do to fix them up. But if no one looks at my things, I would rather distribute them as is on tumblr than not at all.
Alchemist
#4 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 2:43 PM
This forum is not very active anymore, especially now because of the holidays. Don't be afraid to submit your items to MTS. You'll never get rejected for no reason and you will be given a clear list of things you need to fix in order for your submission to be accepted.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 6:16 PM
Are there supposed to be pics of the objects in any of your posts? I don't see any and I personally dislike having to download something and open it in SimPE just to see it.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 4:08 AM
Hi jessb- pictures please
The queue mods will give you direction and opportunity to correct any issues with an upload
So post some pictures here, in this forum, and then be brave and submit them to MTS

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 5:57 PM
Default Pictures of 4t2 Laundry Day Stuff
Here is a picture of the three items and their recolors. I think I want to try to fix the TXMTs on the bucket and the detergent. They are pretty dark. Also, since I have learned a bit about making subsets since I made these, I might want to go back and do them that way? What do you guys think? Thank you so much for reading my post and responding. i thought I was "shouting into the wind" and posting in an inactive forum.
Screenshots