Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 3:53 AM Last edited by CooperationIsKey : 25th Jan 2020 at 5:55 AM. Reason: I can grammar.
Customized skin looks fabulous in CAS; turns black in Live Mode (Solved!)
Hiya all. I'm new to the modding thing so bear with me. But I've used Skininator to make a skin for one of my characters. It looks great when viewed in Create A Sim, but the moment I go to save (the snapshot) or go into Live Mode, the skin turns pitch black. To say the least I'm bummed out about it.

For what it's worth, I cloned a basegame skintone, gave it a savename, imported my texture in place of the original, gave it a new swatch, and saved.

How it looks in CAS (the 'yellow' should actually be more orange and I'm not sure what's changing that, either--lighting?)

How it looks in Live Mode:

I attached the package file to the post in case there's an answer there.

Any help is appreciated!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Galaxy Skin for Ocrua.rar (3.08 MB, 3 downloads)
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 1:47 PM
Your texture has no mipmaps. You can either save as DDS making sure to check the option to generate mipmaps, or save as PNG and Skininator will convert it and make the mipmaps for you.

BTW, the color in-game will be a little different from your texture and the Skininator preview because the game blends it with the body details textures using methods I don't know the details of.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jan 2020 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Your texture has no mipmaps. You can either save as DDS making sure to check the option to generate mipmaps, or save as PNG and Skininator will convert it and make the mipmaps for you.

That did the trick! I guess I missed the memo somewhere about mipmaps, lol. Thank you so much for helping this dumb newbie out. :D
Screenshots