Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 8:33 PM
Default Is it possible to convert CC made for adult Sims to toddler and children?
I have a Sim who's supposed to be a deer (she has CC facepaint for the snout and ears with horns) whom just had a baby, and needless to say, since toddlers have no access to makeup and such, the girl looks nothing like her mom. I could find a mod that enables makeup for toddlers and children, but I'm pretty sure the CC I have is for teenager and up only; is there any way I can convert it for toddler and children?
I didn't want to age up the baby just so I can customize her "on the intended way", I have done this way too many times because of mermaids, so I'm trying to play longer with babies and children

The CC in question is this one:

Deer set by Toskami

Is this possible at all? I'm willing to try my hand at doing the conversion myself, of course, if there's a tutorial or something! Thanks in advance for the attention!
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 6:54 PM
You can open the package in either CASTools or Sims 4 Studio and change the ages it's valid for. The face paint might or might not work on a child or toddler without modification. For the ears and horns, you'll need to modify the mesh to make it smaller and lower it to the heads of children and toddlers. If you want to take that on, decide if you want to use Sims 4 Studio and Blender or CASTools and Milkshape, and look up some beginner tutorials.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
You can open the package in either CASTools or Sims 4 Studio and change the ages it's valid for. The face paint might or might not work on a child or toddler without modification. For the ears and horns, you'll need to modify the mesh to make it smaller and lower it to the heads of children and toddlers. If you want to take that on, decide if you want to use Sims 4 Studio and Blender or CASTools and Milkshape, and look up some beginner tutorials.

Thank you! I fumbled a little with Sims 4 Studio and managed to make the face paint work with no adjustments at all, it's under the same place where we add moles and forehead creases, since despite makeup being enabled, I couldn't get the facepaint to do the same. Still something, though!

I managed to recolor some animal ears that were toddler CC already and they worked just fine too. By checking this set I put here on Sims 4 Studio I found out the horns and ears actually have a child version, so I won't need to worry about those once she ages up

Would you know if there's any mod that enables the face paint? I'm pretty sure I saw one but can't find it again by searching, just asking out of curiosity since it's no longer needed for what I want to do~ :P
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 9:09 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Feb 2020 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gauntlet101010
https://www.deviantart.com/gauntlet...-Kids-762359492
I've made a mod that does that.

Thank you so much for sharing your mod! I tested it today (sorry for my lateness, been a bit busy!), and it works wonderfully! Great work! :D