Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#51 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 1:40 PM
Unfortunately a typo in GLOB actually ends up evaluating to the wrong semiglobals as it is based on the name. Yes you want curtainglobals and scan those semiglobals.

Don't touch your GLOB just now, but if by any chance your object doesn't work due to that typo I can help you get a working GLOB. Editing it in the file doesn't always work.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 2:20 PM
OK I'll give it a try in a bit (I'm off to work soon, but I can do it from there) and let you know. Thanks again!

~k
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 4:08 PM
well I've imported the "curtainGlobals" and I changed the 3 OBJFs to reference it the imported BHAVs. I then added the clear flag for the wall requirement, and then added a set flag for allow object intersection. Unfortunately neither worked. I saved the file as something else and tried deleting the wall requirement and that worked, but my object still doesn't allow object intersection.

I'm not sure how to proceed. Thanks so much for your help and patience!

~k
Field Researcher
#54 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 1:35 PM
What are the flags that allow you to place objects on the food shelf in OFB? I am making decorative food (bakery stuff) and want to be able to place it on those food shelves.
Thanks!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 5:19 PM
I'm still not sure 100%, but the values should be:

My 0x0004 Set Flag Literal Value 0x000C ---> Placeable on OFB Counters
My 0x0004 Set Flag Literal Value 0x000D ---> Placeable on OFB Shelves

Thanks for having asked: I've updated the first post.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 7:05 PM
Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it!
Field Researcher
#57 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 7:24 PM
Hi Numenor, it doesn't seem to work for the chill display feezer. Tho I wasn't too sure which Init to place them in, there was Init and Init Common. I tried one then the other, but still no results.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 1:35 AM
I think that the freezer isn't considered a counter, nor a shelf... Maybe it exists a 0x000E code? I don't know, but it worths a try...
You can add the placement lines at the end of the normal Init (not the common): it's important to add the lined at the end, because the last setting is the only one that is retained (i.e. if in the common Init there is a line that prevents a certain placement, and the last line allows that placement, the placement is allowed...)

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Field Researcher
#59 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 5:13 AM
Ok, not the common. I read through the lines and it didn't look like I should place one there, as the last line pointed back to the second(around there) and it just repeated itself. But since it didn't work with the other Init, I just thought I would experiment.
Guess that failed, lol.
Oh and thanks, Numenor, I will try that code. wish me luck, hope it works!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 2:59 PM
MizzesSimmer, if you have a "common" init and a "normal" one, this probably means that you are working on a multi-tile object, right? If not, it's quite unusual to have such subdivision in the Init routines...

Anyway, be sure that the Init BHAV you are working on is actually executed: check all the Object Function files, and be sure that all the Init lines point to the right Init BHAV (read the instance from the "Action BHAV" field)

It sounds obvious, but I felt important to clear up this: if you edit a BHAV that - for any reason - is not executed by *all* the Object Functions files, your modification is useless.

Field Researcher
#61 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 2:28 AM
Hi all I am working on an object, and I was wondering what I should change if I want to make the object placeable on the pool, and not on the terrain...
I've searched over and over and can't find which resources I have to change, so I just decided to come and ask, Lol...

Do you belive frogs can bite? If not, then you should, because they do! LOL!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 8:06 AM
I'd use the following line:

OpCode 0x0002 (Expression)
My 0x002A (placement flags) Set Flag Literal 0x000C (allow in pool)

If you use the instruction wizard, here is the full string:
2A000C00000903070000000000000000

Field Researcher
#63 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 5:17 PM
Thanks Numenor!

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 8:08 PM
Does it means that it worked? I've never tested it myself...

Field Researcher
#65 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 2:48 AM Last edited by roddyaleixo : 22nd Mar 2006 at 2:55 AM.
Actually I just tested it... It didn't really work, well, it worked for 'looks'... when I am in the game it says that I must place it in a pool, but it simply doesn't let me do it.. Lol.. Maybe I have a problem with the weight part... It is my first time experimenting with BHAVs, so I am unsure of what I am doing... but I like to break out the boundaries here is what I got on the weight line, even though I am mostly certain I screwed it up somehow:

[prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x001B (weight) := Literal 0x0000)

Actually, may I send you a PM Numenor? Before I even take this project foward I needed to ask you permission for something first, plus, since it is a 'secret' project, I think it would be better if I had you know of it before everyone else...
Thanks once again for your help, and for all these useful explanations on the modding InfoCenter

Sorry for my spelling, or anything I said that shouldn't be said LOL!
I am tired and sleepy
Screenshots
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 9:50 AM
Sure, you can PM me! But mind that I have not much time, so don't ask me to join a project...

Field Researcher
#67 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 3:37 AM Last edited by roddyaleixo : 23rd Mar 2006 at 3:59 AM.
Hi!
Thanks for your reply to my PM Numenor! I am happy that I can go on with my project.
By the way, I found out what my problem was! I don't know if the weight part helped, but I decided to try looking into other objects that go into the pool, so I simply cloned the pool ladder to investigate, and found some interesting results that allowed me to put my object in the pool without 'the move_objects on' cheat.
I just thought I should share it with everyone.
Notice these 3 placement flags are required for the object to actually 'stack' into the pool. If you take one of them out, it wont do the trick:

[prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x002A (placement flags) Set Flag flag# Literal 0x000C (allow in pool))

[prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x002A (placement flags) Set Flag flag# Literal 0x000D (attached to ceiling))

[prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x002A (placement flags) Set Flag flag# Literal 0x000A (allow in air))

there were obviously other placement flags in the pool ladder package, but while I was experimenting I found out that only these 3 are required to do the trick, I am glad it worked for me, since it is my first time making this

Lab Assistant
#68 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 11:23 AM Last edited by chrissy6930 : 1st Apr 2006 at 8:56 AM.
Hi all,

I am working on some garden and fence lights right now. for the garden lantern I would like to also allow for placement on fence posts:
My 0x002A Set Flag Literal Value 0x000E
yet the only way to make it show up on a fence post seems to be by setting the weight to zero. doing so also means that I cannot place my garden lantern on the ground any more.
plus while I have allowed for object intersection I cannot place 2 lanterns on top of each other when placed on a fence post.
the latter problem also arises when I clone a fence light and allow for object intersection. its just won't do it...

could somebody pls have a look?
thanx in advance!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#69 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 2:55 PM
I'm not completely clear on what you're trying to achieve. I know what you mean by one of the lamps goes on a lamppost, but where exactly did you want the other one? On the fence post with it? The one called fencelantern looks really tall, am I looking at the right thing?

BTW your node 4 in the garden lamp init is invalid. Are you using the PJSE bhav editor plugin? If so that will show you if you look at the translation under the operands that the line is not actually doing anything.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 2:59 PM
Chrissy, first off, I'm a little confused, because the light that you call "GardenLamp" looks much like a fence lamp (no stand), and the opposite.

That said, exactly, what is the goal you want to achieve?

If you want to put multiple lights attached to the same fence post, I think it's not possible: each post can host only one light (the move_object won't work, either).

If you want the tall lamp to replace an existing fence post (i.e. the lamp is located on the ground, in the very same location of the post), this is not possible, even if you set the flag "allow object intersection" (this is because the fence are NOT objects, but rather walls). You must use a combination od move_object and snaptogrid off, in order to do that.

With regards of your packages: as a general rule, when you are setting up the placement of an object, you should check if, by chance, the semiglobal Init BHAVs called from within the private Init prevent a specific placement; for instance, your "FenceGasLantern" (which has the tall stand and looks like a garden lamp) executes the "Init - FencePost", that includes the instruction "My Placement flags Clear Flag [allow on terrain]"; therefore, if you don't add an instruction that sets again the [allow on terrain] flag, the lamp will only be placeable on fences.

Another thing I've noticed in your package is the weight: you have used the "Set Flag" operator, instead of the ":=" operator.

Let me know what you'd like your lamp to do, and I'll try and fix your packages (if possible )

Lab Assistant
#71 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I'm not completely clear on what you're trying to achieve. I know what you mean by one of the lamps goes on a lamppost, but where exactly did you want the other one? On the fence post with it? The one called fencelantern looks really tall, am I looking at the right thing?

BTW your node 4 in the garden lamp init is invalid. Are you using the PJSE bhav editor plugin? If so that will show you if you look at the translation under the operands that the line is not actually doing anything.

the fence park lantern is supposed to sit on a fence and its height should then be the same as that of a park lantern. its meant for use on a bridge or whatever lot creators might come up with. the idea is to have fence park lights with 1, 2 and 3 lanterns per mesh which can then be combined with each other to create additional looks.
as for the garden lantern if u place 2 of them on top of each other one of which turned by 90 degrees u will get another look as well...

yes I did use the PJSE bhav editor plugin provided thats the same as the PJSE Instruction Wizard... and now that u mention it I see what you mean: that 'invalid' doesn't look like it could do anything...
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 3:36 PM Last edited by chrissy6930 : 25th Mar 2006 at 9:06 PM.
Numenor: hmmm! the garden lamp is a bit too big to look right on the available fences. therefore I simply decided to make it a garden light by default and allow for fence post placement so I can place it there once I came up with a suitable fence...

I cannot place more than one light on the same fence post? well that's gonna reduce the possibilities a bit. good to know though!

and nope the fence park lanterns are not supposed to replace a fence post they should be placed on them. so I can make a fence light to be also placed on the ground by adding the placement flag again? thats cool!

EDIT: I just tried to fix them myself: after correcting the weight operator on the garden lantern I still cannot place the lantern on a fence post. and when trying to set up the fence lantern adding
My 0x002A Set Flag Literal Value 0x0002
My 0x0008 Set Flag Literal Value 0x0002
My 0x002A Set Flag Literal Value 0x0009
its still only possible to place it on the fence post...
therefore could you pls try to fix my packages for me or show me how to do it myself?

thanx in advance!
Mad Poster
#73 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 4:09 PM
So, can a light be made like a table to hold something above it?
Test Subject
#74 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 12:08 PM
after a lengthy trial-and-error process and with the invaluable information from everybody here in this thread, I was able to make a floorlamp, which was cloned from a Maxis table lamp (no floorlamp seemed to clone properly for me) stand on the floor!
i just wanted to say thanks, is all!
you guys rock my world!
p
Field Researcher
#75 Old 19th Apr 2006 at 11:17 PM
Now here I am buggin again, but I was wondering what the values are that makes a hottub sit part way underground like it does? I want to make a pond out of the aquarium, but want it to sit underground like the hottub does, without ground overlapping it. Would it be the remove floor flag?
Page 3 of 7