Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 7

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Site News (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [All Games] MTS February Challenge: Ms. Crumplebottom's Hideaway (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=623804)

Hellfrozeover 16th Feb 2019 3:56 PM

[All Games] MTS February Challenge: Ms. Crumplebottom's Hideaway

Ms. Crumplebottom is starting to feel her age; Her notoriously sharp eyesight just isn’t what it used to be and just last year, she pulled something in her shoulder while employing a particularly lethal handbag blow upon an unsuspecting young man’s head as he got handsy with his date at the Love Day Parade.
She tried everything, from removing her favourite brick from her handbag, to pointedly tutting with disgust instead of resorting to violence, but nothing worked. Ms. Crumplebottom has come to the conclusion that she will have to move out of her lace-curtained townhouse and far, far away from the loose lips and loose morals of civilisation. It’s the only way.

Task:
Build a house for an uptight, curmudgeonly elder (it doesn't have to be Ms. Crumplebottom, but she certainly does make things interesting!). Think floral print, potpourri , mothballs and cookie tins that only contain sewing equipment and despair.

Specifications:
Game - Any!
Lot Size - 30x30 lot at the largest(appears as 3x3 etc in some versions) or any of the smaller sizes. The smaller and more hidden away, the better!
Funds - §50k

Rules:
1. No electrical items other than lighting, kitchen appliances and perhaps a phone.
2. Decorate in a fussy, dated fashion. Clean, modern lines are not appreciated.

Bonus Challenge:
A Room for Mr Tibbles
Furnish a room of the house for your sim’s old, cantankerous feline friend.

Optional Challenges:

These are for our seasoned builders and those who love a challenge, but they're by no means necessary. Remember to tell us if you followed one of these!

1. Limited Funds: Ms. Crumplebottom was sued by Dina Caliente after a particularly embarrassing encounter when she was out on the town with one of her conquests. After paying up, she only has §30k left to build her home.
2. No CC: Ms. Crumplebottom hates anything new and some of this darnfangled CC is simply too shiny and modern for her tastes! Build and furnish from the game only!

This is just for fun, so there are no winners or losers! Once you're done, all you need to do is post photos of your completed hideaway in this thread

This challenge will run from the 16th of February to the 15th of March, after which point it will move to the challenge section where you are still welcome to try it out, but you won't be eligible for the challenge achievement sticker

CatherineTCJD 16th Feb 2019 4:36 PM

Great idea!
...and where do we post our archaic architectonic anomalies?

Hellfrozeover 16th Feb 2019 4:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Great idea!
...and where do we post our archaic architectonic anomalies?

@CatherineTCJD Right here

Simmiller 16th Feb 2019 4:58 PM

This is a great challenge!

Say a person wanted to submit a CC and no-CC version, is that allowed, or only one house per member? :P

Hellfrozeover 16th Feb 2019 5:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
This is a great challenge!

Say a person wanted to submit a CC and no-CC version, is that allowed, or only one house per member? :P

@Simmiller as it's for fun, feel free to try it out in different ways and create different houses according to the challenges if you want! The aim is to have fun, so the more you can get out of it, the better :D

Phantomknight 16th Feb 2019 7:21 PM

Does the radio count as an electronic device?

Hellfrozeover 16th Feb 2019 7:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Does the radio count as an electronic device?

@Phantomknight If it's old fashioned (for example a gramophone radio replacement or a mid-century or earlier style radio, then it could work) then sure. If you see something that you think could work within the theme, then go for it

mauvejijno 16th Feb 2019 7:26 PM

Far, far away, hmmm? And as hidden as possible?

I uploaded my vision to my gallery page, #CrumpleBottomHideaway. It's based off an old-fashioned sitcom idea of mine from years ago.

GalleryID: mauvejinjo

Lot Name: Spinsters in SPAAAACE
Size: 20x20
LotPrice: $29,998
LotTraits: Peace and Quiet

What better way to spend one's twilight years than in the twilight of space? Miss Crumplebottom would agree, and built her new home to suit her most basic needs. There's a well for clothes washing, and a privy outback, although it may be good to note that Sixam water isn't exactly the same chemical composition we are used to down here...

Hellfrozeover 16th Feb 2019 7:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mauvejijno
Far, far away, hmmm? And as hidden as possible?

I uploaded my vision to my gallery page, #CrumpleBottomHideaway. It's based off an old-fashioned sitcom idea of mine from years ago.

GalleryID: mauvejinjo

Lot Name: Spinsters in SPAAAACE
Size: 20x20
LotPrice: $29,998
LotTraits: Peace and Quiet

What better way to spend one's twilight years than in the twilight of space? Miss Crumplebottom would agree, and built her new home to suit her most basic needs. There's a well for clothes washing, and a privy outback, although it may be good to note that Sixam water isn't exactly the same chemical composition we are used to down here...

@mauvejijno It certainly is hidden (we can't see it in this thread )

To take part in the challenge, please take a few photos of it to upload here for us to check out Not everyone is a TS4 player, so might not have use of the gallery to see your awesome house.

mauvejijno 16th Feb 2019 8:13 PM

Whoops! I've never posted on a forum through URL before, and I noticed that the modyourpanties won't let me in. Is Image shack relatively secure, or can we post straight from a computer folder, like when uploading a mod?

Hellfrozeover 16th Feb 2019 8:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mauvejijno
Whoops! I've never posted on a forum through URL before, and I noticed that the modyourpanties won't let me in. Is Image shack relatively secure, or can we post straight from a computer folder, like when uploading a mod?

If you scroll down when replying, there should be a bit for you to upload images, then you can copy them into IMG tags in your post

Victor_tor 16th Feb 2019 10:02 PM

Haha! I hated her since she was in first Sims. So the best place to live for her is underground (i am joking)) Are there any limits to house height? Think Ms. Crumplebottom will hard to climb her dusty old bones too high.

Hellfrozeover 16th Feb 2019 10:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Haha! I hated her since she was in first Sims. So the best place to live for her is underground (i am joking)) Are there any limits to house height? Think Ms. Crumplebottom will hard to climb her dusty old bones too high.

Lol!! Nope, as long as you stay within the budget, build to the sky :D

marka93 16th Feb 2019 10:15 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Ms. Crumplebottom's Hideaway.

2x2 lot.
$25,611
2 bedroom 1 bath.
A Room for Mr Tibbles
No CC's and under 30k.

renjiSAN 16th Feb 2019 10:31 PM

First attempt at a challenge

I'm in!!!
Quote: Originally posted by Hellfrozeover

Ms. Crumplebottom is starting to feel her age; Her notoriously sharp eyesight just isn’t what it used to be and just last year, she pulled something in her shoulder while employing a particularly lethal handbag blow upon an unsuspecting young man’s head as he got handsy with his date at the Love Day Parade.
She tried everything, from removing her favourite brick from her handbag, to pointedly tutting with disgust instead of resorting to violence, but nothing worked. Ms. Crumplebottom has come to the conclusion that she will have to move out of her lace-curtained townhouse and far, far away from the loose lips and loose morals of civilisation. It’s the only way.

Task:
Build a house for an uptight, curmudgeonly elder (it doesn't have to be Ms. Crumplebottom, but she certainly does make things interesting!). Think floral print, potpourri , mothballs and cookie tins that only contain sewing equipment and despair.

Specifications:
Game - Any!
Lot Size - Any 20x20, 20x30 or 30x30 lot (appears as 2x2 etc in some versions). The smaller and more hidden away, the better!
Funds - §50k

Rules:
1. No electrical items other than lighting and perhaps a phone.
2. Decorate in a fussy, dated fashion. Clean, modern lines are not appreciated.

Bonus Challenge:
A Room for Mr Tibbles
Furnish a room of the house for your sim’s old, cantankerous feline friend.

Optional Challenges:

These are for our seasoned builders and those who love a challenge, but they're by no means necessary. Remember to tell us if you followed one of these!

1. Limited Funds: Ms. Crumplebottom was sued by Dina Caliente after a particularly embarrassing encounter when she was out on the town with one of her conquests. After paying up, she only has §30k left to build her home.
2. No CC: Ms. Crumplebottom hates anything new and some of this darnfangled CC is simply too shiny and modern for her tastes! Build and furnish from the game only!

This is just for fun, so there are no winners or losers! Once you're done, all you need to do is post photos of your completed hideaway in this thread

This challenge will run from the 16th of February to the 15th of March, after which point it will move to the challenge section where you are still welcome to try it out, but you won't be eligible for the challenge achievement sticker

Hellfrozeover 16th Feb 2019 10:36 PM

@renjiSAN Looking forward to seeing what you come up with

@marka93 very quaint! I like that you didn't go full florals and gave it a bit of unique flair too.

Sunrader 16th Feb 2019 11:41 PM

This is fun. I have never even seen Ms. Crumplebottom in game, so this is a great opportunity to find her. Is the 2x2 a minimum? I'm partial to 1x1 lots.

rogueandroyal 17th Feb 2019 12:01 AM

okay! this little house is 2 beds, 1 bath, and cost a grand total of $29,269. It's also available on the gallery under rogueandroyal

Hellfrozeover 17th Feb 2019 12:08 AM

@sunrader 1x1 is even better I'll edit the post to advise of that.

@rogueandroyal very nice! I like how it has the air of being owned by someone very neat and fussy, but also shows some wear and tear as if they can no longer quite keep up with the maintenance. Great work!

grammapat 17th Feb 2019 3:04 AM

Gotta do this! Love to build tiny, love "fussy", have to use CC for that, staying on budget will be a challenge!

mustluvcatz 17th Feb 2019 4:13 AM

Spoiler tags or smaller pics please?

Celebriton 17th Feb 2019 5:05 AM

I think Ms. Crumplebottom should live in a dark mansion.

A wealthy old widowed and eccentric woman, I imagine she is a kind of that woman.

Rafael! 17th Feb 2019 6:59 AM

Anyone said something about a challenge?

Norn 17th Feb 2019 7:42 AM

This sounds like fun! A question though, if you say no electricity, does this mean no hot water, no stove, no fridge? Or is it rather no modern appliances, and as long as it looks like it's still powered by an army of hamsters in treadmills it's ok?

Hellfrozeover 17th Feb 2019 10:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Norn
This sounds like fun! A question though, if you say no electricity, does this mean no hot water, no stove, no fridge? Or is it rather no modern appliances, and as long as it looks like it's still powered by an army of hamsters in treadmills it's ok?

More of a no mod cons situation. As you say, powered by an army of hamsters is the look lol.