Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2008 at 1:15 AM
Default What's the deal with singing/toddler nursery rhymes?
I heard you can sing with toddlers? Or teach them to sing? How do you get this option?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 4th May 2008 at 1:20 AM
If you ahve FT installed you (an adult sim) can click on the toddler, and tehre should be an option "teach nursery rhyme" or something like that. Its done the same way as learnign to talk, though the animation is cuter. Once the skill bar thing fills, you can "sing nursery rhyme with toddler" if it doesn't come up, it sounds like a hack conflict. It only works on toddlers.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th May 2008 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
I heard you can sing with toddlers? Or teach them to sing? How do you get this option?

It gives them Charisma, i did that one and my sim got a Charisma point from it.
Instructor
#4 Old 4th May 2008 at 1:24 AM
It's also the most adorable thing since the dancing toddlers routine. ^o^
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th May 2008 at 1:36 AM
Okay, I have FT but some glitches so I will have to try it! Thanks very much!!! :howdy:

Well, it's not working for me...must be a conflict..have to sort it out..!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
#6 Old 4th May 2008 at 7:45 AM
it also gives them music & dance enthusiasm
Instructor
#7 Old 4th May 2008 at 8:37 AM
Children can also teach toddlers a nursery rhyme, it is not limited to adults.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 4th May 2008 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by proxian_girl
It's also the most adorable thing since the dancing toddlers routine. ^o^

OK, stupid question time... What's with the dancing toddlers? I'm not familiar with that... *blush*
Instructor
#9 Old 4th May 2008 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by White Queen
OK, stupid question time... What's with the dancing toddlers? I'm not familiar with that... *blush*

If you have a stereo in the house, the toddlers will 'dance' when its on. (Well, if they are in the same room with the stereo of course.)
#10 Old 4th May 2008 at 7:10 PM
I think it is really cute as well. I did find one glitch with the skilling, though. Toddlers can also sing the nursery rhime by themselves once they learned it. Problem is whenever they gain a skill point, I get the pop-up: X has gained a body point from working out. They still do get a charisma skillpoint, only the popup is wrong.

Whenever they gain a skillpoint while learning or singing with someone else, the popup correctly refers to a charisma skillpoint. Can anyone confirm it, or do you think it is some conflict?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 6th May 2008 at 2:08 AM
Its completely adorable!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 6th May 2008 at 8:30 PM
I'm so excited to try this! My Luxe family (cheated to make them rich beyond belief) has a baby who is about to become a toddler so I can't wait to check this out! Plus the dad has Music & Dance as his hobby so it's even more appropriate.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 6th May 2008 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissTech
If you have a stereo in the house, the toddlers will 'dance' when its on. (Well, if they are in the same room with the stereo of course.)

Thank you! Can't wait to try this! It sounds adorable!!! ^.^
#14 Old 14th May 2008 at 5:51 AM
I found that the option to sing the nursery rhyme with the toddler would only appear in the options if the child was outside the crib/not being held [after they had been taught the nursery rhyme of course]. If I've got one of the older sims active and click on the toddler while it's inside the crib or in their arms, there is no option to sing the nursery rhyme, but it will appear in my game if the baby is sitting on the floor. I think it might be because the older sim will sit down with the baby to sing it together. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what it could be. I hope that helped though
#15 Old 14th May 2008 at 7:41 PM
I assume one of my mods is affecting this as I don't even have these options available.
#16 Old 14th May 2008 at 7:51 PM
It's extra cute when the toddler is sitting by him/herself on the carpet and suddenly, and very randomly, will begin singing to themselves.
#17 Old 14th May 2008 at 10:13 PM
Ooh I am so jealous! I get the option to teach the nursery rhyme but no matter what I do it just drops quietly off the action list, even when I get the adult and the toddler doing nothing else and in the same small area. I obviously have a conflict somewhere but don't know why it is not throwing up an error (I play in debug mode).

I was a good girl and took everything out of my downloads folder before I installed Bon Voyage and Free Time on the same day (my husband got them for me as a surprise). I reckon I had a 'senior moment' and managed to install something out of date when I was updating The search for the offending item continues - I am determined to see this interaction :D
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th May 2008 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FablesOfEuphoria
It's extra cute when the toddler is sitting by him/herself on the carpet and suddenly, and very randomly, will begin singing to themselves.

This is all Daisy Greenman ever wants to do. She's obsessed with it, and it's soooo cute.