Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2024 at 10:45 PM
Default Can't Create New World
Hello. After I fill out "New World Options" and press OK, nothing happens. I've tried many times and to troubleshoot this and I'm at a loss. I'm still on Origin and Windows 10. Not sure what other info to provide. I thank anyone for any help!

Sims 3 ID, Origin, Twitter , etc.: SimmerLella
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 11:23 AM
Check that you don't have One Drive or antivirus that is synching/ scanning your Documents folder when you play. CAW needs to have read/write access to cache files and userdata to begin a project. Are you using custom content? Might be a good idea to test with a fresh set of Sims 3 userdata.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2024 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Check that you don't have One Drive or antivirus that is synching/ scanning your Documents folder when you play. CAW needs to have read/write access to cache files and userdata to begin a project. Are you using custom content? Might be a good idea to test with a fresh set of Sims 3 userdata.

I don't have One Drive. I only have MalwareBytes and the stuff that comes with Windows 10. I disabled the options in "Windows Security" > "Virus & threat protection settings" and renamed my Sims 3 folder to reset. Still, nothing happens when I try to make a new world. I'm always able to Save As New with all my worlds, and I've also recently Exported a test world successfully. (In addition to updating caches automatically, adding to LocalWork and possibly more.)

More info: I use SuperCAW and recently (November) installed a workaround to continue using Origin. (https://www.reddit.com/r/origin/com...web2x&context=3 + https://twitter.com/p0358/status/1718383467866595838) Before that, I reinstalled Sims 3 twice on EA App trying to troubleshoot EIG. Now I have this different problem instead.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Jan 2024 at 11:28 AM
Is that a patch for your Origin exe? I assume you are using gameversion 169? This is probably the issue, you'll have to ask the creators of those workarounds for advice as I don't have any experience with wrestling Origin (disc installs for me!). You say you exported a test world- was that one you started before this issue?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jan 2024 at 5:49 AM Last edited by simmerLella : 15th Jan 2024 at 12:30 PM.
Yes. I am on 1.69. It's a patch for Origin, but not Sims-related, so I doubt he will understand the problem.

My previous exports were before I NOTICED this issue, but I just now successfully exported a world. I see the new sims3pack in my exports folder.

I was wondering if anyone might be willing to upload the CAW files for the most basic new world?? (Since I'm worried I cannot fix this.)

*EDIT*

- I re-download The EA app, which auto-uninstalled Origin (and thus both patches) and tried to make a new world, still nothing.
- I then reinstalled an old version of Origin without the patch (but blocked it from the Internet with my firewall) and still can't make a new world.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th Jan 2024 at 2:50 PM
I hope someone who is using Origin/ EA App will have some experience to assist!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Jan 2024 at 10:13 PM
I had this all of the sudden in my CAW for no apparent reason and think I started a thread about it. It was on my old CPU windows 7 and all had worked for well over a decade and then poof I could not do. Thank goodness I also own a laptop at another location on 10 so created some blanks on it and put on flash that I could then use on the desktop and make copies as needed.

I had to replace the desktop CPU and now have new one with 11 and can make new worlds again. So I understand your problem as I had it too. Sad to say I never could fix mine. I will send you a PM as maybe can send you some blanks you can use and then make copies as needed?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Jan 2024 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I had this all of the sudden in my CAW for no apparent reason and think I started a thread about it. It was on my old CPU windows 7 and all had worked for well over a decade and then poof I could not do. Thank goodness I also own a laptop at another location on 10 so created some blanks on it and put on flash that I could then use on the desktop and make copies as needed.

I had to replace the desktop CPU and now have new one with 11 and can make new worlds again. So I understand your problem as I had it too. Sad to say I never could fix mine. I will send you a PM as maybe can send you some blanks you can use and then make copies as needed?

Thank you!

I am buying a new CPU soon, but I don't know if that could help. I'll be so happy to use your blank file!!

Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th Jan 2024 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmerLella
Thank you!

I am buying a new CPU soon, but I don't know if that could help. I'll be so happy to use your blank file!!

Just sent you an email.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 3:09 AM
I was looking to follow this tutorial with most new worlds I'd start: https://modthesims.info/t/469942

It looks like I'll have to use S3PE delete some images/items to get a cleaned world for something similar.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmerLella
I was looking to follow this tutorial with most new worlds I'd start: https://modthesims.info/t/469942

It looks like I'll have to use S3PE delete some images/items to get a cleaned world for something similar.

What actually are you trying to do? Did the other blanks I sent work?