Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#4101 Old 22nd Jan 2024 at 5:04 AM
"Hurry up you two" Born in game Herb and Coral are currently in college and were more interested in flirting than going to their final. Thankfully they made it in time.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4102 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 3:41 AM
"Is this a date?"

The 6pm call 'Let's go downtown!' came. My Sim left. The casual group consisted of only my Sim and the guy who called.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4103 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 11:03 AM
"I think Romeo and Juliet broke up when she caught him cheating with the girl who delivers the newspapers."

I was telling my non-Sims-acquainted friend about Veronaville and what happened the one time I played it.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4104 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
"I think Romeo and Juliet broke up when she caught him cheating with the girl who delivers the newspapers."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3t9ZknXVP4
Top Secret Researcher
#4105 Old 27th Jan 2024 at 1:30 PM
Hold on..that is NOT your husband !

I clearly need to diversify my sims hairstyles because I accidentally clicked on an old fling of hers instead of her husband. And the whole point of the vacation was to get pregnant with baby number three! But not with him
Mad Poster
#4106 Old 29th Jan 2024 at 2:11 AM
"Well, crap."

A fire broke out and everything exploded into purple soup. Just for fun, I watched to see what would happen. A purple flashing firetruck pulled up, a purple-flashing firefighter got out and glided into the house with arms outstretched, then apparently used telekinetic powers to operate the purple-flashing fire extinguisher.

Top Secret Researcher
#4107 Old 29th Jan 2024 at 2:50 AM
"So you're delivering the newspaper to the chickens...I actually don't mind that."
Putting a proper door on the chicken coop of course resulted in the paper being delivered to it rather than the house, but I don't care enough to fix it.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#4108 Old 30th Jan 2024 at 12:11 AM
Some of my Sims are picking up some of my worst habits. When Liam and Aidan got home from the nightclub they run together it was nearly eleven. They were tired, hungry, and needed showers. They also had several guests to entertain in the house. By the time they had showered, used the toilet, eaten, and interacted with their guests, asking at least one of them to stay the night, the hours of the night were ticking away. By the time Aidan got to bed (with Joel Ferguson and with woohoo!) the night was really far spent. Liam, for his part, intended to ask Gavin Forster (who was soaking in the hot tub) to join him in bed for woohoo, and then sleep, but by the time Liam actually made it to the bedroom, it was after seven, it was daylight, and Gavin had given up and gone home!

Now my Romance Sims really hate sleeping alone, so, since it was after seven, he got up again, invited Cesar Wells round, and, when he arrived, took him to bed for woohoo. As they were about to woohoo, Aidan woke up (I think he needed the toilet). He went into Liam's bedroom and looked at Liam and Cesar in bed together, about to make out and woohoo. Before Aidan could get back to bed the 'phone rang. It was a townie boy that I wanted them to get to know, so I got Aidan to ring him back several times, and eventually invite him round. By this time Aidan was about to drop, so, when the townie boy arrived, it was Liam who got out of bed to greet him.

So now it is well into Saturday afternoon, and both Aidan and Liam are struggling to get through their normal activities, because they are far too tired, as a result of not getting enough sleep at night. They both have to keep going back to bed to sleep for a while. It all rather reminds me of myself after playing The Sims all night! ( . . . Apart from all the romance stuff of course. My entire romance life is lived vicariously through my Sims. Myself I've still never even had a first kiss. )

So: "Please, please don't do as I do. I'd much prefer that you did as I say! I'm really not a good example to follow. A very bad one in fact! Trying to turn night into day like I do is really a bad idea -- as you're finding out for yourselves today. . .

"Early to bed, and early to rise
Keeps a Sim healthy, and wealthy, and wise!"

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
#4109 Old 30th Jan 2024 at 2:10 AM
"Wait a minute, this actually was in Shakespeare!"

So currently in my megahood, Puck and Hermia are married to each other, and so are Mercutio and Miranda... however, none of them actually have any bolts of chemistry with their respective spouses, but have a bolt with the other sim of the opposite gender, so I'm planning on having them break up and swap spouses... but then I suddenly realize that I'm about to re-enact the plot of A Midsummer Night's Dream- you know, where Puck and Hermia's namesakes come from. Neat!

Justice for Viola Monty!
Lab Assistant
#4110 Old 30th Jan 2024 at 2:24 AM
"Don't listen to closely to mommy and daddy!"

Connor and Cassandra Weir (nee Goth) were trying for a baby... in a closet... in their daughter's room... right in front of her. Ivy's lucky she wasn't emotionally scarred by this...

Justice for Viola Monty!
Mad Poster
#4111 Old 3rd Feb 2024 at 1:19 AM
"Wait, why are you going all the way around the house instead of using the back door--"

"Oh, that's why."

Mad Poster
#4112 Old 5th Feb 2024 at 4:52 AM
"You should have gone at the restaurant."

And then, on consideration, I added: "Oh I know you don't like using public toilets."

Minutes after arriving at The Rectory (the parish priest's house) in Veronaville, Andrew has decided that he has to go home to use the toilet, or, as he puts it, "to deal with some things"! I'm about to tell him that there are two toilets in the Rectory, but then I decide just to let him be. He clearly prefers to use the toilets at home. He knows they're clean, because he cleans them himself. As a Virgo, Andrew has a thing about toilets.

--------------------- ooooooooo ---------------------

Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
"Oh, that's why."
As I was taught as a pre-school child: "Let sleeping dogs lie!"

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Lab Assistant
#4113 Old 8th Feb 2024 at 9:54 PM
"HUH?! Why are you blaming ME?!"

Don Lothario invited Chastity Gere on a (perfectly platonic!) outing Downtown... and proceeded to bring along 3 of his girlfriends! I was waiting with bated breath for the shitshow to commence, and commence it did- Don began flirting with Nina... instantly causing the outing to fail out. And Nina has the gall to say to keep her off the invite list next time! You weren't the one being cheated on, and I certainly didn't invite you!

Edit- I just remembered that Nina and Dina currently live together... oh boy, the Caliente condo is going to be a DISASTER.
Screenshots

Justice for Viola Monty!
Top Secret Researcher
#4114 Old 16th Feb 2024 at 7:06 PM
"Are you pregnant with Nezha or something??"
This is the second full day that one of my sims has not either entered a new trimester or given birth. She was supposed to be due today. Must be some odd timing preventing it, or she's going to give birth to a giant meatball with a small god inside.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#4115 Old 17th Feb 2024 at 2:05 AM
@StrangeTownChick : Fay Briggs in Monopolis (a suburb of Veronaville), the last Sim to give birth in my game, was late too. (Or possibly I just miscounted!) But just as I was beginning to really worry about her pregnancy, she gave birth to a healthy boy. I hope your Sim is the same! Please let us all know what happens.

Oddly enough, despite him being late, in one important respect I was totally unprepared for his arrival. I hadn't given any thought about a name for the new baby. Normally I quite literally talk it over with the parents! Once he arrived I thought I had better think of a name quickly, before the game christened him "Baby Boy". So I started naming him "Jake" after a child who had recently visited the Briggs family. Then I thought better of it and started changing it to the more formal "Jacob". They can always call him Jake when he's a little older. But I was in such a muddle that I mistyped, and saved his name as "Jak"! So I had to use the Sim Manipulator to change it to "Jacob".

So what do I say when I'm playing The Sims 2? Well normally when a baby is expected (and what I singularly failed to do on this occasion!), is to open the the household, pause the game, and ask the parents-to-be, "What name do you want to give the baby you're expecting?" Of course I know at the end of the day it's me who has to decide, but somehow I find that asking the parents really helps me to choose a name. By the way, Fay Briggs, and her husband Val, seem quite happy with Jacob as the name of their newest child.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Scholar
#4116 Old 18th Feb 2024 at 1:22 AM
Me, every single time since I put silent pregnancy back in my game: "Why is she so tired and hungry? Why are her needs tanking?" Baby bump. Me:

You'd think I would have figured it out by now.
Mad Poster
#4117 Old 18th Feb 2024 at 3:30 AM
"What are you doing in Andrew's bed?" You would think he would know after all the real years he's been having regular woohoo with Gloria, that he, and she, sleep in the front bedroom upstairs. I think it's just that, when he got to the top of the stairs, he had to pass Andrew and Julian's bedroom, and he couldn't be bothered to walk the extra ten steps to his own. To be fair, he usually gets it right.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#4118 Old 18th Feb 2024 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
"What are you doing in Andrew's bed?" You would think he would know after all the real years he's been having regular woohoo with Gloria, that he, and she, sleep in the front bedroom upstairs. I think it's just that, when he got to the top of the stairs, he had to pass Andrew and Julian's bedroom, and he couldn't be bothered to walk the extra ten steps to his own. To be fair, he usually gets it right.

Must be kind of creepy finding your stepfather in your bed lol.
Mad Poster
#4119 Old 19th Feb 2024 at 7:51 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 19th Feb 2024 at 8:07 PM.
"Are we all playing this game tonight?"
Not to be outdone by Garry, Julian decided to relax in Gloria's bed, beside Gloria, who is trying to sleep. Julian is thinking about Jack. Jack is in Andrew's room, playing chess with Carl Marks. Carl was invited round by Garry, who wanted to make friends with him. (Carl and Garry are both into politics.) But Garry of course is too tired to talk to Carl, so he's sleeping in Andrew's bed, where Julian ought to be!

With everybody else in bed early -- mostly in the wrong beds -- I wondered what Andrew would choose to do.
Andrew decided that the shower needed cleaning!

Are all your families as chaotic as this?

[EDIT] I have to admit that least what Andrew is doing is practical. I suppose I really ought to go upstairs and clean my own shower -- instead of playing The Sims! And I've warned Andrew about Garry being in his bed, so he shouldn't get too much of a fright when he sees him. I've told him just to shoo Garry out of the bed, and tell him to go to Gloria where he belongs. Then Julian will be able to come and join Andrew in their bed.

. . . And all shall be well!! ?
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#4120 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 9:34 AM
He won't be able to get in the bed if Julian is relaxing on it though. You need to boot them both and tell them to go to their own beds. XD
Mad Poster
#4121 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 2:48 AM
"Oh no, a witch is coming."

When the game suddenly freezes up on a community lot.

Mad Poster
#4122 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
He won't be able to get in the bed if Julian is relaxing on it though. You need to boot them both and tell them to go to their own beds. XD
But Julian is awake, so he'll know when Garry comes into the room, that he can go next door and join Andrew.

"You'll manage that Julian, won't you?"
"Of course you will!!"
"You know you really are beautiful! No wonder Andrew fell for you... And Jack... And Ravi!"

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Lab Assistant
#4123 Old 29th Feb 2024 at 2:49 AM
"Wait, why can't I...? Oh. DAMMIT!"
I was playing around with Cyjon's modded resurrect-o-nomitron to do a little experiment (side note, the experiment's results are that you CAN achieve a lifetime want posthumously), but then when I was resurrecting Juliette Capp's parents and grandparents, I noticed that I couldn't click on it anymore, even though there were only 6 sims in the household... and then it dawned on me. I had just managed to spoil myself that Juliette was going to have TWINS! I mean, I guess it's okay, since I was planning on giving Romeo and Juliette 3 kids anyway, but I would've liked to find that out when she gave birth... I guess I also managed to spoil that Mercutio and Miranda would only have 1 kid when I was doing the same thing with the Monty's, but yeah...

Justice for Viola Monty!
Top Secret Researcher
#4124 Old 29th Feb 2024 at 9:06 PM
Interesting! This entire time I thought twins was determined at birth
Lab Assistant
#4125 Old 2nd Mar 2024 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
Interesting! This entire time I thought twins was determined at birth

Yeah, whether or not they're twins is the only thing determined at conception, and even that can be changed with Cheesecake or forcetwins.

Anyhoo, I managed to get in a good few one-liners in just one day, in one household-

"What part of menopause do you not get?!"
Mary-Sue Pleasant had the want to have a baby... when she was 2 days from becoming an elder! Yeah, she kinda missed the boat on that one...
Even worse, she had just become a GRANDMOTHER. Like, what????

"Really?! Right after our date night?!"
After Daniel and Mary-Sue had a steamy date night (at MARY-SUE'S request), they promptly went off to bed... and proceeded to get robbed. Thanks for ruining the mood, bro.

"Y'all are too horny to function."
After getting woken up by the burglar alarm, Daniel proceeded to drop off the flowers from the date and heart-fart over his wife, just as the burglar and police officer were beating the snot out of each other. Because that was obviously the most important thing to pay attention to at the moment.

Justice for Viola Monty!
Page 165 of 169