Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#10951 Old 1st Mar 2024 at 1:44 PM
A race condition is when multiple bits of data get accessed (and changed) at the same time. Ideally, the game would check the age, and then stop the interaction entirely when that fails. I suspect a race condition is causing them to get changed simultaneously, or in the wrong order.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#10952 Old 1st Mar 2024 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
A race condition is when multiple bits of data get accessed (and changed) at the same time. Ideally, the game would check the age, and then stop the interaction entirely when that fails. I suspect a race condition is causing them to get changed simultaneously, or in the wrong order.

Makes sense, thank you for explaining! I don't know much about how Sims interactions work under the hood so I enjoyed reading this.
Mad Poster
#10953 Old 1st Mar 2024 at 2:03 PM
Race conditions happen because multiple things are happening at the same time on different threads, which is not what is happening at all here, there is no data that is being accessed or changed by multiple threads. It's just that the same check wasn't put into the interaction redundantly at all levels because they expected that the first check that checked for age wouldn't be bypassed. The code that pushes the cow mascot to do its cow mascot nonsense doesn't make that check because they assumed that everyone in the vicinity of the cow mascot would be a young adult.
Forum Resident
#10954 Old 1st Mar 2024 at 6:15 PM
I discovered someone in this family must have secret genetic blonde hair because those are the parents and the 2 older brothers, and somehow this baby was born with blonde hair

Yes, it's his kid. Both parents have a townie parent, but that's some serious pacifier rolling if a gene this recessive popped up after 5 black haired children.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#10955 Old 3rd Mar 2024 at 9:34 PM
If your sims chat for a while outside during summer, they can both get a heatstroke I thought that was only in my State ! (Az)
Mad Poster
#10956 Old 4th Mar 2024 at 1:50 AM
The "be personal trainer" interaction when another Sim (with a lower body level, I think)\ are using exercise equipment. It involved Cyd Roseland verbally abusing a pregnant lady until she started sobbing.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10957 Old 4th Mar 2024 at 9:55 AM
I think it was his wonky arm in the first picture that upset her, slightly disturbing!
Test Subject
#10958 Old 6th Mar 2024 at 10:03 AM
I found a nice feature: Sims works out with different weights debending their skill level.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#10959 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 10:19 PM
I've been playing Sims 2 since the start, on a pretty extreme level, and have only just this evening seen what happens when you close a restaurant while a server is en route to a table with a tray of food - they go and tip it down the loo!!!
Instructor
#10960 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 10:21 AM
The interaction "Dump Happy Log" makes Sims go to the loo, and... That's it.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Top Secret Researcher
#10961 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat

Wait, what EP does this interaction come in?
Instructor
#10962 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
Wait, what EP does this interaction come in?

It's a hidden debugging interaction unhid with testingcheats, not sure if it comes with any EP.

Top Secret Researcher
#10963 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 3:35 PM

It was crashing my game. I had a kind user here mod it out for me because I kept accidentally hitting it when trying to click force error (which I use all the time). Fair warning.
Instructor
#10964 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
It was crashing my game. I had a kind user here mod it out for me because I kept accidentally hitting it when trying to click force error (which I use all the time). Fair warning.

I don't even know what it does beside making the Sim run to the loo, actually. Someone said it might be the weekly report log Sims say, but I'm not sure.

Top Secret Researcher
#10965 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 3:39 PM
I don't even know what it does beside making the Sim run to the loo, actually. Someone said it might be the weekly report log Sims say, but I'm not sure.

Yeah whatever it was, it never worked for me. It just crashed my game every time and I got so angry thanks @topp for the fix
PS. Side note but just before going into this thread I accidentally read my past messages and I saw the message with the dump happy log mod so it was a funny coincidence
Instructor
#10966 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Yeah whatever it was, it never worked for me. It just crashed my game every time and I got so angry thanks @topp for the fix

On mine it doesn't crash it, it's just pretty weird.

Mad Poster
#10967 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 3:10 AM
I think crashing the game is what it does by default, and Chris Hatch modified it in some mod or other of his so that it sends sims to the toilet instead.
Inventor
#10968 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 3:23 AM
Nothing happens when I click on it. I've never used that option. Which CT does it call?
Theorist
#10969 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 8:06 AM
IIRC, it calls a primitive called "Dump Happy Log."
Inventor
#10970 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 10:50 AM
Nightlife sectional seats simulate on pause. If you sit down and pause, comfort becomes fully recharged without any time passing.
Mad Poster
#10971 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 11:10 AM
I have gone on a download spree for the first time in 2 years.

Now my game takes too long to load
Mad Poster
#10972 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I have gone on a download spree for the first time in 2 years.

Now my game takes too long to load

Some people are able to reduce load times by merging CC together. TeaAddict swears by it, and judging by her load times, it did help her. Mine is only 3 minutes so it's already too short to really see any huge impact, but if you are in the 20-range it might help.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#10973 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 10:18 PM
I wont complain about my wait time anymore. I didn't realize some people took 20 minutes or more to load their game up
Mad Poster
#10974 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 12:08 AM
^ Mine is more in the 40+ minute range... But I'm not complaining too much. I've had it in the 1 hour+ range, and also in the 3-4 hour range, so any less than 1 hour is fine (means I can reload the game if need be)

Haven't merged anything. Probably should, but quite honestly don't have the energy to mess about with that and test everything, and really don't want to figure out all the mess that comes with packaging lots where there's merged CC (I tried downloading one such lot, it was 5 GB or thereabout, which is to say pretty much the whole of that person's CC collection in just a couple or so merged files - I don't think they'd thought of that).
Inventor
#10975 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 7:39 AM
I found that sometimes employees demand a manager's salary, which is 70 dollars, because there is a bug where the employee's promotion level is compared against temp 2 instead of literal 2. They have to be hired this session, have no previous job and no silver badges. The asked salary then falls back to a normal level later and he becomes "ridiculously overpaid".

This is fixed in Simler's "Business Mods". But he touches a great many objects there.
Page 439 of 445