Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 2:24 AM Last edited by kazuyafan : 26th Mar 2024 at 3:01 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Fridge Pet stories
Hello, I downloaded the conversions of Pet Stories objects for the sims 2 from the creator HugeLunatic. Almost all of her objects work except one: the Pet Stories fridge. I buy it in purchase mode, I place it and when I click on it, it gives me force error and I can't do anything with it. If this awesome creator or even someone else could fix this bug and even convert the fridge for Seasons, it would be much appreciated. Thank you so much

Here is the link to the downloads :
https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...24869#msg724869
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 2:48 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Mar 2024 at 3:29 AM.
@HugeLunatic is active both here and elsewhere, likely also where you found the items (Sims2artists? Their own blog?). Have you already tried contacting them where you found the items?

Also, it helps to post a link to the set you're having problems with (hunting down CC by searching for it isn't always the easiest).

Does the bug happen with other CC fridges in your game? Could be a good idea to check this first. If it does, it's possible the problem is a mod or conflicting item, and not the fridge.

For the error message you're getting, you can try running it through this tool, to see if there could be something else causing the error: https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...CausedThis.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 3:06 AM
Default Pet Stories
I put the link to the site where I downloaded it. I created an account on this site to be able to contact the artist, I am waiting for my account to be approved. No, I don't have any fridge or other object doing that, it's the only one, plus I'm bad at English, I'll take a look at your link but help is always welcome. THANKS
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 5:00 PM
I tried your link and it appears that it does not show me what the problem could be to solve. No mods or other are at the origin of the problem, the error therefore comes from the fridge
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 5:11 PM
HugeLunatic just posted this at Tumblr about some updates to the set.

I don't know if this fixes your issue, though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 4:26 AM
I had already downloaded everything by removing the other link, without success. Too bad, I'm waiting for the designer's response...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 12:51 PM
@HugeLunatic Could you please take a look at this?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#8 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 4:28 PM
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 6:31 PM
Thank you! @kazuyafan Sounds as though you need to find out what is conflicting with it, if you want to use it. There are a number of programmes that can help you with this, or else you could do a 50/50 with the fridge left in.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 7:57 PM
After fiddling with it for a long time, I can click on the fridge but the sim makes small buggy jumps and it is still not possible to place and retrieve leftovers in this fridge. It does the same thing to me with the Sims Pet Stories PC. Knowing that I have no problem with the other objects in the sims stories, should they be placed elsewhere than in the downloads folder? I also remind you that after checking with the applications, they do not detect any mods or others that would cause problems with this fridge. If I don't find a solution or someone who will reconvert these files without problems, I will give up
Mad Poster
#11 Old 28th Mar 2024 at 11:08 AM
Have you tried only the fridge in a CC free game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Mar 2024 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Have you tried only the fridge in a CC free game?

I don't understand the question, how is this a free game?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 28th Mar 2024 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kazuyafan
I don't understand the question, how is this a free game?

Charity meant 'Try it in a custom-content free game':
Game Help:Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki
Which was what I meant with my previous post too, about finding the conflict. If it works in other people's game then there must be something in your game preventing it from working, so you could try to find out what that is. Follow the guide I linked above to help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Mar 2024 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Charity meant 'Try it in a custom-content free game':
Game Help:Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki
Which was what I meant with my previous post too, about finding the conflict. If it works in other people's game then there must be something in your game preventing it from working, so you could try to find out what that is. Follow the guide I linked above to help.

Thanks for the link but I've already used an app to detect a problem with a mod or something and it didn't detect anything. Plus, I'm tired of searching again and again while the other items work without the slightest problem. Too bad, it will be used as decoration but I don't want to touch anything anymore and risk a big mistake. Thanks again
Mad Poster
#15 Old 28th Mar 2024 at 6:15 PM
Apps don't detect every problem.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 28th Mar 2024 at 6:55 PM
One item can work fine in one person's game, but not in another person's game. Why? Different game configurations. Different content in their Downloads folder, different loading order for mods, and likely several other things.

The apps are there to help, but they don't detect every problem, and they generally aren't very good at detecting smaller issues, like bugs with a spesific object. They're often better at finding things like mod conflicts, GUID conflicts, and the like. Not every problem is going to show up, and sometimes there are also going to be false positives.