Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 4:59 PM
Default Pets can wear clothes!
Admittedly this information was found on the BBS (I was desperate for more pet related news), but I couldn't see anything about it here so...

Pets can wear clothes! It's in this article:
http://1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3152483&did=1

How cool is this?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 5:05 PM
That's interesting.I knew they got accessories,but not clothes.
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 5:06 PM
Omg a tophat and monocle? CUTE! Im so getting this EP right away :yippee:

bP

Formerly known as boolPropped
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 5:13 PM
I've already pre-ordered it!
Theorist
#5 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 5:16 PM
Wasn't it already said that pets can have clothes? Ah well who cares, this confirms it. Hoodies for pets? LOL, the thought of rapper dogs just came to my mind when I read that. S'up dog? Sorry, couldn't resist. Boy, even though there isn't much that's not pet related, this expansion looks like it will beat Nightlife in terms of sheer size. :bump:
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 5:32 PM
I was going to say that hoodies for pets are silly ... but then I realized that dressing pets up in clothes is silly, period.

I'll still do it - at least on the sims :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 5:37 PM
It'll be nice to be able to dress up a cat without them trying to claw out your eyes in retaliation, so I'm looking forward to the clothes.
#8 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 6:17 PM
Awwwwwwwww, I dress my dog in clothes and now my sim dogs will. Thia is gonna be adorable!!!
#9 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 7:31 PM
I don`t really like the idea... Personally i hate when i see the sad look that says "why me!?" on celebrity dogs faces... Collars and that kinda stuff are cool, but i probably won`t dress up my pets.
Scholar
#10 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 7:37 PM
ill prolly have a few in th egame dressed up just because i can (prolly my crazy cat lady) but ya im not to keen on real life pets gettign dressed up i usually just feel bad for them..but some seem to like it i guess =/

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#11 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:31 PM
Oh, thank god I wasn't hallucinating when I saw the Sims 2 dog in a little red top. I have to find the screencap I saw it in. I thought I was going mad!
Instructor
#12 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:39 PM
OMG no do you mean those pink furry coats Paris Hilton tortures her poor (ugly) chihuaha with?!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 4:20 PM
I read somewhere that the only thing they can wear is a collar which you can change, and change colour and stuff
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 6:39 PM
Well, the clothes you don't HAVE to use. They will be good for your Parisy( I don't have a word to describe her! xD) sims?!
Test Subject
#15 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 6:45 PM
I was hoping for animal clothes, and if the game doesn't come with too much then I hope that someone makes them. I just want to put a cute little sweater on my puppies, Paris goes to extreme and makes her poor dog wear shoes, & walk in them :/
Field Researcher
#16 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 10:51 AM
the PC version will NOT have clothes, only collars. Only the Console version will have clothes for pets.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 11:00 AM
Darn, I want clothes. How CUTE would that be?!

Some crazy cat lady with six cats and dresses them all up out of costumes from the Victorian era or something XD

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimFreak
Darn, I want clothes. How CUTE would that be?!

Some crazy cat lady with six cats and dresses them all up out of costumes from the Victorian era or something XD

Haha!! Thats so silly :p
#19 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 4:27 PM
What exactly is a monocle?
#20 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 4:32 PM
Awww, that's too cute! I can't wait till I get this ep! :D
#21 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heavenzdvl987
What exactly is a monocle?

It's like one lense from a pair of glasses, it has a chain attatched to it and when you wear it you have to squint to hold it in place.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simaddict99
the PC version will NOT have clothes, only collars. Only the Console version will have clothes for pets.

Actually, if you look at the link in the first post, it's an article about the PC version of the game.

Quote:
...customizing every aspect of their appearance from body proportions, facial measurements, layer upon layer of fur markings, and even clothes. They're given a selection of accessories that range from perfectly reasonable bandannas through minor absurdities like hoodies, to completely ludicrous and absolutely awesome tophats and monocles.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#23 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 6:25 PM
When you think of a monocle.. Think of Mr. Peanut! =D
Field Researcher
#24 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
Actually, if you look at the link in the first post, it's an article about the PC version of the game.

Just because one site states so doesn't make it so!
at TSR Steve reported: Clothing for animals for the PC Expansion (Sims 2: Pets Consoles are covered later) are restricted to the color and style of a collar, but the coat color and markings are something else! Like Ogres, our Cats and Dogs have 'layers'
: http://www.thesimsresource.com/article/pets
and that is one of various websites that reported collars only for PC. Most importantly there is Maxis themselves and I trust Maxis over a fan site
http://thesims2.ea.com/news/detail.php?id=763

it states and i quote:"Unique to PlayStation®2, Nintendo GameCube™ and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system
Shop ‘til you drop: Visit the adjoining Town Center, a great gathering spot for Sims that evolves over time. Once you’ve seen the latest styles and decided on a purchase, deck your pet out in the latest clothing and accessories around. From geek to chic and cool to casual, your Sim can customize their pet’s look with one stop in the Town Center. It’s sure to be the coolest pet in town"
#25 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simaddict99
Just because one site states so doesn't make it so!
at TSR Steve reported: Clothing for animals for the PC Expansion (Sims 2: Pets Consoles are covered later) are restricted to the color and style of a collar, but the coat color and markings are something else! Like Ogres, our Cats and Dogs have 'layers'
: http://www.thesimsresource.com/article/pets
and that is one of various websites that reported collars only for PC. Most importantly there is Maxis themselves and I trust Maxis over a fan site
http://thesims2.ea.com/news/detail.php?id=763

it states and i quote:"Unique to PlayStation®2, Nintendo GameCube™ and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system
Shop ‘til you drop: Visit the adjoining Town Center, a great gathering spot for Sims that evolves over time. Once you’ve seen the latest styles and decided on a purchase, deck your pet out in the latest clothing and accessories around. From geek to chic and cool to casual, your Sim can customize their pet’s look with one stop in the Town Center. It’s sure to be the coolest pet in town"

Awwww. So we don't get to get the clothing for them on the PC? Major bummer there. I liked the idea of a fluffy orange tabby wearing a monacle (sp) -snickers-
Page 1 of 2