Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2023 at 5:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Simlogical Bathroom Doors keep getting stuck
Hey all.

I recently downloaded the "Bathroom Doors" from Simlogical but they keep getting stuck open and my Sims can't use them. My Sims walk over to the bathroom but then reset upon walking up to the stuck open bathroom door. If I delete and re-place the same bathroom door, it instantly opens back up and stays stuck once I go back to Live mode. I also downloaded the DoorJamFix from MATY but it hasn't helped. I've tried searching with no luck because searching "Sims 2 Bathroom Door" just brings up results of people remembering the gender-coded doors, haha. Has anyone fixed this problem with the Simlogical Bathroom Doors, or does anyone know how to prevent it? I've tried putting it on different parts of the wall away from other objects but it doesn't seem to help.

Thank you!

Link to the Simlogical page if it helps: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...cessControl.htm Eighth download on the page

"I regect your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage - Mythbusters
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jun 2023 at 8:19 PM
Is there a light on the ceiling next to the door? If you have debug mode on, does it throw an error?

The page does only list up to NL so it may just be that it got broken by a later EP.

I'm pretty sure that there is a mod which continuously shoos people out of an in-use bathroom, though I can't recall the name, there is also simler90's privacy fix, and if you want to stop toddlers playing in the toilet you can get mods that stop (or massively reduce) this too. You shouldn't need a specific door for this functionality.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jun 2023 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Is there a light on the ceiling next to the door? If you have debug mode on, does it throw an error?

The page does only list up to NL so it may just be that it got broken by a later EP.

I'm pretty sure that there is a mod which continuously shoos people out of an in-use bathroom, though I can't recall the name, there is also simler90's privacy fix, and if you want to stop toddlers playing in the toilet you can get mods that stop (or massively reduce) this too. You shouldn't need a specific door for this functionality.

I'll have to try putting debug mode on and see if there's an error. There shouldn't be any lights, since I tend to put those in the middle of the room and not right against walls. I'd love that mod if you or anyone else remember the name of it. The Privacy Fix looks alright, but I'm not sure what else it changes other than bathroom behavior based on the post.

Always a possibility about just being incompatible with a later expansion, sadly. I've made it this long without the mod, if there's no real answer I can live without it again, haha.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Aug 2023 at 10:13 PM
It took forever, but I finally got the error again and was able to go into debug mode and get an error pop-up when I tried going into the bathroom with the door.

Error says:

An error occurred in object "(Sim ID string)" #1274,
Error: Problem executing script (Weather - IsOutsideForWeather): Run-time:
Could not find object: 0
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'GetObjectTile'
(none): in function 'Weather - IsOutsideForWeather'

Included a photo of the error and the error log.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N002_t4577495.txt (268.9 KB, 2 downloads)

Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Aug 2023 at 10:25 PM
You have some hack that is modifying how doors work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Sep 2023 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
You have some hack that is modifying how doors work.

The only things I have that are supposed to modify doors are Gender and 4 Key lock also by Simlogical and the Door Jam Fix by MATY. I got the Door Jam Fix after the bathroom doors trying to fix them but it had no noticeable effect.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Sep 2023 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moriko00
The only things I have that are supposed to modify doors

The thing is, you definitely have something that is conflicting, and we cannot tell you what it is (because we don't know what files you have and what any of them actually do). The easiest and quickest thing for you to do is a 50/50 on your files:

Game Help:Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Sep 2023 at 6:43 PM
Or you can just use What Caused This.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Mad Poster
#10 Old 2nd Sep 2023 at 8:29 AM
That looks interesting. Is it different from HCDU?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd Sep 2023 at 12:25 PM
It has nothing to do with HCDU. HCDU detects hack conflicts, What Caused This tells you what file caused your error.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Sep 2023 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Or you can just use What Caused This.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Linky:
http://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/N...CausedThis.html

Fascinating! The amount of tools people have developed for this game will never cease to amaze me.
I ran this and it says my two likely culprits are "NoUnneededCoats" and "Bathroom0PanelDoor" (which is the bathroom door itself). I'll try removing the NoUnneededCoats since looking at that mod again it doesn't seem like something I actually need.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 5th Sep 2023 at 10:36 PM
I use the bathroom door and it does not do this for me.
I don't know of that coat mod but since clothes do change at doors that does make some sense.
What caused This is my go to first, but no guarantees it will find anything either. Hopefully this time it did.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~