Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11151 Old Yesterday at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
The most shocking thing about the meteor death was that the devs put out patch notes explaining that if a meteor hit a school all the kids would die, but they made no attempt to change it. Just made statement that it was going to happen, like it was an intended feature.

Of course it was an intended feature, Sims 3 had dark humour like its two predecessors. That sort of thing only ended with Sims 4.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#11152 Old Yesterday at 1:59 PM
I would appreciate some more freak accidents, just to shake things up every so often. Sims 2 is easy to play and I haven't had an accidental death in years.

Try playing with vampires in a big household, several of them. See how easy that is. You'll be swimming in accidental deaths and close calls
Spoiler: Vampires love to go out in the sun and kill themselves when you're not watching.
Alchemist
#11153 Old Yesterday at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Of course it was an intended feature, Sims 3 had dark humour like its two predecessors. That sort of thing only ended with Sims 4.
that's a little dark even for the Sims
Mad Poster
#11154 Old Yesterday at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ruusupapu
I remember my first sattelite death. It was a first day of the family and it was supposed to be a Victorian family. The died sim was very cute little girl. I think I quit without saving and now I am extra careful with looking the clouds.

This will help. https://modthesims.info/d/569823/no...-satellite.html

Shouldn't be any satellites in Victorian times. XD

that's a little dark even for the Sims

Said on the wiki that it was the only death type that allowed mass casualties lol.
Mad Poster
#11155 Old Yesterday at 5:04 PM
For those who want a little more excitement, this combination of mods has led to a couple of unexpected deaths for me:

- Avadon's Realistic Sickness
- Cyjon's Frequent Disease Processing, depending on if the Sim is recovering or worsening.
- Simmodder's More Dangerous Fires
- piqiwi's No Instant Firefighter & Cop
- gummilutt's Customizable Chance of Death by Satellite and Cyjon's Deadly Satellites.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#11156 Old Yesterday at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
For those who want a little more excitement, this combination of mods has led to a couple of unexpected deaths for me:

- Cyjon's Frequent Disease Processing, depending on if the Sim is recovering or worsening.
- gummilutt's Customizable Chance of Death by Satellite and Cyjon's Deadly Satellites.

I recently installed the "Even more dangerous fire" mod. I've not had a chance to use it yet, as had no fires. But it should add a bit of drama to the day possibly causing a death before fire is put out. I'll look into the others too.

Shabado... sha..ba..doo..badooo
Mad Poster
#11157 Old Yesterday at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
This will help. https://modthesims.info/d/569823/no...-satellite.html
Shouldn't be any satellites in Victorian times. XD
Said on the wiki that it was the only death type that allowed mass casualties lol.

There's a replacement falling piano. Would fit right into Victorian times. (I don't know how or why anybody would be throwing pianos around, though)
https://psychosim.livejournal.com/18774.html

You know, just in case you want an option

There's also a plain meteor (which would work for any time period)
https://fracturedmoonlight.tumblr.c...wledge-the-only

I think there's an anvil too, but couldn't find it.
Mad Poster
#11158 Old Yesterday at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
There's a replacement falling piano. Would fit right into Victorian times. (I don't know how or why anybody would be throwing pianos around, though)
https://psychosim.livejournal.com/18774.html

You know, just in case you want an option

There's also a plain meteor (which would work for any time period)
https://fracturedmoonlight.tumblr.c...wledge-the-only

I think there's an anvil too, but couldn't find it.

Anvil had a link from the piano. https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...78427#msg578427

Now I have to decide if I like my Victorian sims being safe more than I want to see falling pianos/anvils. XD
Forum Resident
#11159 Old Yesterday at 8:24 PM

I would want something like that's more like a heart attack mod, where an adult/elder has like a 1% chance of just dropping dead without the sickness or fire or whatever. I don't have to save if I don't want that sim to die, but I don't want to have to make the choice of who to effect- and even if I use a randomizer- when to set it off.
Mad Poster
#11160 Old Yesterday at 8:54 PM
I had to take Realistic Sickness out. It didn't cause too many deaths once I figured out how to handle it - about the right number, TBH, but it kept everyone sick for AGES and I was constantly having hoods where there was an actual pandemic situation going on. When it came to the real pandemic IRL I just couldn't take one in sims world as well so I nixed it.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11161 Old Yesterday at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Anvil had a link from the piano. https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...78427#msg578427

4shared link is dead, but someone in the comments linked to Ove's blog with a working download for the anvil:
https://ove51.tumblr.com/post/23027...dits-and-stuffs
Mad Poster
#11162 Old Yesterday at 9:47 PM
Buying sauna can make your Sim go in depth (negative simoleons) because the wall cost isnt included with the installation of it.

Wouldn’t have not found this out, because not always you get to choose to spend all your money on a ticket machine, coffee table phone to run spa business in a dual neighborhood template that allows only for maximum 50x50 lot size.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#11163 Old Yesterday at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
I would want something like that's more like a heart attack mod, where an adult/elder has like a 1% chance of just dropping dead without the sickness or fire or whatever. I don't have to save if I don't want that sim to die, but I don't want to have to make the choice of who to effect- and even if I use a randomizer- when to set it off.

There was the sudden pregnancy death syndrome, where morning sickness was accidentally coded to be sometimes fatal. Only present in base game and later patched out. Since first-trimesters don't show, this led to quite a few posts from people (playing without audio, I'd guess) wondering why their seemingly healthy Sim suddenly fell over and choked to death.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#11164 Old Today at 1:33 AM

Just wanted to say thanks for these again. Ended up grabbing the instant FF/CP one as well. Had to dissect it and make my own though, took relevant changes out and into their own package based on T&A's objects.package[1] version of that BHAV instead. But it was relatively small changes, and is now working well!

[1] T&A has it's own NPC's and things, so it has changes for those. I didn't want to cause issues, so yeah. "Just in case"

Shabado... sha..ba..doo..badooo
Forum Resident
#11165 Old Today at 2:55 AM
There was the sudden pregnancy death syndrome, where morning sickness was accidentally coded to be sometimes fatal. Only present in base game and later patched out. Since first-trimesters don't show, this led to quite a few posts from people (playing without audio, I'd guess) wondering why their seemingly healthy Sim suddenly fell over and choked to death.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of, or how InTeen used to randomly kill kittens.
Alchemist
#11166 Old Today at 4:15 AM
Inteen still does kill kittens unless you disable that feature with the Ilovekittens flavor pak. I believe this is @simsample's story to tell.
Theorist
#11167 Old Today at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Buying sauna can make your Sim go in depth (negative simoleons) because the wall cost isnt included with the installation of it.
Building -I think it's called- dormies can also make your Sim go in debt. It's the small attic rooms available in the roof section.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11168 Old Today at 8:29 AM
Inteen still does kill kittens unless you disable that feature with the Ilovekittens flavor pak. I believe this is @simsample's story to tell.

Thanks @omglo I'm so old I have all the stories! Inteen killing kittens was definitely deliberate...
https://modthesims.info/showthread....080#post3937080
Page 447 of 447