Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2024 at 3:18 PM Last edited by ed95 : 15th Feb 2024 at 7:55 PM.
Default The Sims 1 "Look At This Awesome Thing I Found" thread!
So this is it!!! Your CC ─and everything really─, finds for TS, whatever you find interesting and want to share.

We've already have a Sims 1 WCIF here: The Sims 1 WCIF

I'll keep the original first post for future reference.

Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 31st Jan 2024 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ed95
So... I just thought it would be interesting, even if this is not the most active part of MTS, to try and make a CC fins thread like the ones in the TS2 and TS3. How do you feel about that??? Or would it go to waste?? I certainly have some downloads (from some defunct sites even), that I want to share here, so we have some, let's say, starting material.

We have one, but I guess most people don't know about it. It's here: Where Can I Find CC thread, and there are a bunch of posts at the beginning that have links people especially like.

Some of those links are defunct now, of course, but many of them aren't, and even the ones that are no longer there can often be accessed on the Wayback Machine.

What do others think? Better to continue that thread or to start a new one? Personally, I think the lists of favored CC sites on the old thread are still useful...

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jan 2024 at 6:08 PM
Hi Corylea!!!

Oh, I agree with you, I hadn't thought about the WCIF thread!!!! I thought a "Look what I found" could be a way of giving even more traffic and life to TS1 section of the forum, but now you've said we have the other thread, I don't know. I agree with you, what do others think??
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Jan 2024 at 6:16 PM
There's always the option of starting a new thread and linking to the old one in the first post...
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2024 at 2:18 PM
This would be really cool! I've had the hardest time finding TS1 CC due to being out of the loop and so many sites being down.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2024 at 6:23 PM
Awesome Expression has a list of Sims 1 CC sites that were active as of 2020, here: http://www.awesomeexpression.com/si...tive-links.html.

Don't forget about the Wayback Machine for any that have gone down in the interim; it's here.

There are collections of old Sims 1 CC in several places, such as

Treasured Twice
Yonari's huge collection on SimFileShare
The Internet Archive's collection of old Sims 1 CC
YoNonna's Collection of Sims 1 CC on SimFileShare
Simspresso Collects Old CC on Tumblr

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2024 at 6:39 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2024 at 11:58 PM
Ok, so let's do it!! I'll edit my first post and link to every post with CC finds you've already done, once I figure out how, that is. Fantastic!!😍
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Feb 2024 at 1:55 AM
And here is my collection on Sim File Share: http://simfileshare.net/folder/166957/

as posted on this page:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=680821
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 4th Feb 2024 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by YoNonna
And here is my collection on Sim File Share: http://simfileshare.net/folder/166957/

as posted on this page:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=680821

I already linked to your collection, above -- your fabulous collection has NOT been forgotten! I called it YoNonna's Collection of Sims 1 CC on SimFileShare

Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Feb 2024 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
I already linked to your collection, above -- your fabulous collection has NOT been forgotten! I called it YoNonna's Collection of Sims 1 CC on SimFileShare

Oh, you are so sweet. Thanks so much, Corylea! You are always on top of things and very appreciated! I read your post above but it didn't sink in. So funny how dense I can be sometimes. LOL
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 5th Feb 2024 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by YoNonna
Oh, you are so sweet. Thanks so much, Corylea! You are always on top of things and very appreciated! I read your post above but it didn't sink in. So funny how dense I can be sometimes. LOL

You're welcome! Thank YOU, for having uploaded all that stuff; it was a very kind thing to do!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Feb 2024 at 8:30 PM Last edited by ed95 : 15th Feb 2024 at 5:07 PM.
Default Ophelia's Conservatory set
OK, I started this, so now it's time to make my first contribution to it:

Ophelia's Conservatory Set

Ophelia's little page about the sims has been around for a really long time, but I don't see it coming up on sitelists very often. She has very beautiful objects and designs, including the gorgeous conservatory set that you can see (if a bit hidden), on the image; I love this photo-realistic objects, they really look like they belong to the game ─if done well. Her site and download links are all active, and you cand find the conservatory set on the first page of "Objects":

Ophelia's Little page about The Sims Objects' Index

In game, it's on the Miscellaneous (each roofpiece), windows and doors sections. You have to build it yourself ─so you may need a glass floor in order to put the roofpieces; alas, you can only have a conservatory on the first floor. I invite you to take a stroll on Ophelia's page ─it is that wonderful.

(I'll post the picture appropiately once I figure out how to!)

EDIT: I figured it out! I also put the correct link ─it was a link to the image, not to the download.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Feb 2024 at 5:05 PM
Default California Simmin'!
Okay, so we all know the maginificent site @IngeJones (sorry if I'm tagging you incorrectly, Inge, lemme know if I should delete the tag!), has been running since TS1 years with her very revolutionary downloads, but, did you know it also has a sims soap opera on a sister site?

Sims Soap Opera: California Simmin'

If you, like me, love reading about all the troubles our characters get up to ─and specially about Original Characters, since the Goth family has done almost everything except murdering each other!─, you'll love California Simmin'! The author herself classified it as a soap opera, but I believe it's that and much more.

For a quick heads up, California Simmin' is about the lives, trials and tribulations of a group of characters living in a simified Los Angeles. That's not a subjective appreciation ─the author took the time and care of recreating iconic places around town. The most interesting thing is its presentation: instead of following a linear plot about a couple of characters, you have an ample variety of sims whose intertwined lives you can follow ─choosing one or the other from the main page.

This not only allows for several plots that end up locking into one place: it also means you get the point of view of multiple characters, with very defined personalities and different socioeconomic backgrounds.

As such, there is not a single plotline to follow, but I can tell you (without telling too much), it concerns mainly the lifes of the residents from three apartment complexes: Echo Park (where Eleanor and his mysterious new neighbour, Justin, live), Venice Beach Apartments (where surfer jerk Coby lives), and La Leyenda Apartments, where art student (and on-and-off girlfriend of Coby in an "opposites attract" situation), Xtina, lives. It may look as a simple love story, but you also have plenty of Hollywood quirkiness represented by eccentric director Byron Palisades and his no-nonsense production assistant Alison.

I can't tell you enough how much fun I had reading (and re-reading), this story. What starts out as a simple and admittedly pretty prosaic story gets more and more complex as the author figured who this characters are and what are their (very well-written) emotions. The downside: as it tends to happen, the story wasn't completely finished ─although you cand read the plans the writer had on the main page.

I believe it eventually had a remake made on The Sims 3 were the story went to very different places ─but it seems that was on a LiveJournal that was deleted. As it is, we can fortunately still enjoy the original story with the original Sims screenshots, fortunately!

California Simmin' Main Page

Enjoy!
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 8th Mar 2024 at 8:12 PM Last edited by Corylea : 9th Mar 2024 at 4:59 PM.
I haven't tried it yet, but the people at ZombieSims have made what they're calling a new expansion pack for The Sims 1. It's a Zombie Apocalypse, and your sims must fight off zombies. Your sims' fighting skills are determined by their Body and Logic skills. If you have no Body or Logic skills, your sims fight with a marshmallow on a stick, but if you have more skills, you get an actual weapon. :-) Children can also fight.

I'm not sure that I actually want my sims to fight zombies, so I don't know if I'll be playing it much, but I'll be buying it -- it costs $9.99 -- because I want to encourage anyone who's trying to make an entire expansion pack for The Sims 1 in this day and age!

The CC expansion pack is from the joint team of the person who ran SimFreaks and the person who ran SimSlice. It turns out that they met and married because of their mutual interest in TS1, which I think is adorable.

Thanks to Daphne Harridge at Reddit for finding this new pack and alerting us to it!

Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
I haven't tried it yet, but the people at ZombieSims have made what they're calling a new expansion pack for The Sims 1. It's a Zombie Apocalypse, and your sims must fight off zombies.

....They made zombie garden gnomes.

ZOMBIE GARDEN GNOMES

I wish I knew how to make Will Wright hear about this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 3:05 PM
Wow, @Corylea, this is really impressive and awesome!! I'm also in the Sims subreddit and had seen this website on passing, but hadn't discovered myself what a complex and realy well done project ZombieSims is!!! I have to try it one day. Certainly, SimFreaks and Simslice had several of the most interesting and well-done downloads from TS1 era. I'm very glad, not only because they're still around making things, but also that they're together in the simming universe and in real life.

Thanks a lot!!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 3:39 AM
I bought it as well but haven't tried it yet. I'm rather short on time right now but am really looking forward to it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 1:17 PM Last edited by ed95 : 11th Apr 2024 at 7:00 PM.
Default Simorphor's "Venetian Blinds" windows and full site
Hi once again!

I'd completely abandoned this threat, what a disgrace! I haven't been able to open my game lately because of some family business, but I was able to play a bit yesterday. I was itching to recover this windows that, for some reason, have acomppanied my game for years, and years...

Simorphor's Venetian Blinds in wood
So Simorphor was one of these interesting sites that tried to mix photorealistic items with the games. They had a lot of interesting downloads, but sadly it apparently closed down around 2010.

This windows, supposedly resembling Venetian Blinds, were some of my favourite for more urban-looking/ buildings. I fortunately have kept the original download, which should be available on this message for ease of download!

Also fortunately, CTO Sims downloaded the whole site, so you can find it in SimFileShare here: CTO Sims' Archive

Or, if you're feeling nostalgic, you can access the archived version of the site on Wayback Machine, which actually has working download links!: Simorphor's original Main page
Attached files:
File Type: zip  blinds01.zip (50.9 KB, 1 downloads)