Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 8:57 PM Last edited by AyameS : 26th Jan 2009 at 9:36 PM. Reason: Added pic
Default Replacement Bump Map
I've made some default replacement pjs. When I looked at them in BodyShop, the bump map showed through. I tried to replace them but I'm having problems with it changing the lighting of the skin (from the feet up to the neck). Can anyone explain how to change the bump map without it doing weird things to the sim?

Here is the pic
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 9:11 PM
Any pics to illustrate the problem ?

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 9:40 PM
Change the format on the dropdown on plugin view to Raw 8-bit. That'll fix it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 9:41 PM Last edited by AyameS : 26th Jan 2009 at 10:11 PM.
i'll try that

edit
i'm still having the same problem
Not actually evil.
#5 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 11:19 PM
Use Import with bump maps, not Build DXT as you would with textures, and use Raw 8 bit, as HP said.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 11:58 PM
I've always used Build DXT and then just changed the format after and never had a problem.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 11:58 PM
thank you both! it worked!